• Artists and fans can both be found on social
networking sites which is why artists often utilise it
as a means of communicating with their fans, sites
such as Twitter & Facebook allow artists to
communicate with a large amount of fans with ease.
• Social Networking also is an essential part of viral
marketing artists who cannot afford more expensive
means of marketing can utilise viral marketing
which’s cost is minimal to artists and the audience is
• Youtube allows users to access music if the artist
chooses to upload it for free, artists can enable
adverts on their videos so they continue to make
revenue due to the user watching the adverts before
their viewing their chosen video.
• Artists often establish websites on the internet, the
use it as a foothold for themselves; a place where
anybody searching for their music can instantly find it
and any information about the artist with ease.
• The website can also be used for advertising live
performances and forwarding visitors to sites where
they can purchase tickets.
• Their websites design often portrays the identity that
they have created for themselves.