Our story of Change from
Satya Bharti School, Labana, Jaipur, Rajasthan,
Problem being attempted to change:
Road Accidents and Disobeying Traffic Rules
• Bharti Foundation
– Bharti Foundation is the philanthropic arm of Bharti Group Companies.
– The prime objective is to bridge the existing education divide and make quality
education accessible to underprivileged children in rural India.
– The Foundation aims to help underprivileged children and young people of our country
realize their potential.
• Satya Bharti School Program
– The Satya Bharti School Program is the flagship program of Bharti Foundation.
– It aims to deliver free quality education to underprivileged children, with special focus
on the girl child across rural India.
– Present Operational Status:
• Number of Schools Operational: 236
• States of Operation: Punjab, Haryana, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh &
• Number of Students Enrolled: Over 30,000
About the Community
• Geographical Location: Situated road side to the Jaipur – Delhi Highway,
Labana a village backward in many respects. Labana is itself a Gram
Panchayat, Block Amer, District Jaipur. The majority of population is of SC and
ST. There is a small market in Labana just side of the highway
• Cultural Background: The problems of liquor in taking and driving the vehicle
in their own way is the concern for the village. Main source of livelihood is
Agriculture and Business.
• Role of Satya Bharti School in the Village: Satya Bharti School Labana
worked like a catalyst to change the rotten culture of the village. We mixed with
the community, there was many challenges but we faced it. As a result we have
115 students from the very backward community and it is our achievement.
Through our other community development campaigns on Saturdays, we paid
efforts to change the belief system of the people and encouraged to make them
think for their children.
• Participation in ‘Design for Giving’ School Contest: When the students
came to know about they are going to conduct such a campaign with a vision –
“To protect the people, to protect themselves” spreading the awareness for
road safety and traffic rules. Our students makes realize to the community
members that EOM – Every One Matters, so we have to save our live and it is
short and we do not suppose to make it shorter.
• In Labana near about 20 people
died in the road accidents and three
people met with an accident in
Jaipur because of their fault and
unawareness for the traffic rules.
• Often it is also come in ears, when
the people goes to Jaipur or other
towns, they mostly have to pay
challan for wrong driving and
disobeying traffic signals.
• The campaign is designed to resist
such incidents in future and
generate awareness for the
highways rules and regulations also
because the school is located just
side of the highway.
Photograph (If any)
• To take initiative to change the
habit of people for disobeying
the rules for driving.
• Make the people understand
buying vehicle is another thing
and driving it is a another thing.
• Inhibit regular practice to wear
• Keep license, insurance and
pollution certificate while driving
bike or having bike.
• Incorporate the culture to drive
slow and safe.
Photograph (If any)
• The awareness rallies were
• The street meetings and plays
has been conducted.
• One to one communication.
• Helmet introduction activity to
address benefits of the Helmet
Photograph (If any)
• It is only the beginning, plenty to do, but transforming the
society is begin with the transforming an individual.
• Community members listened and convinced through our
campaign and decided to follow the Road and Traffic Rules.
Impact on Community:
Photograph (If any)
• Students are now more motivated now.
• Encouraged to take initiatives.
• Can plan and implement.
• Enhanced leadership and team spirit among the students.
• Ignited the feeling of ownership among the students
• There is now more association and bonding among students to
think innovatively and creatively.
• It is now reflected that our students proved the theory of Bloom
Taxonomy – Recall, Knowledge, Comprehension, Application,
Analysis, Synthesis and Evaluation through this campaign
• Teachers were feel more empowered in the process of
execution and implementation and wined the more faith of the
• Teachers got appreciation and positive responses from the
community, which added jewel to their rapport and identification
as a social activist for a social change.
Impact on Us:
Experience of Community Members & Teachers:
• Shivram Gurjar – Hum logo ko bahut aacha lag raha ki hamerey
baccho may itna atm vishwas dekhney ko mil raha hai, jo bacchey
kuch bhi bolney may sharmatey thhey aaj wo logo ko samajha
rahein hai, vishwas nahi hota hai.
• Badrinarayan Sharma – “Baccha jo chiz, jo bata maaney batya, bai
sari bata apna boaat kam ki chhey. Aapa sadak maley dayan –
bayan dekh kar chala toh koi accident ko no ho sakey. Sabse
chokhi bat maney ya lagi ki baccha jo mobile ki bat bataya ki gadi
chaalta samay mobile par baat na karey”.
• Rohit Gurjar (Student Class Vth) – We are happy and enjoyed so
much and want to do such things again and again. We learned
many things from this campaign.
• Amit Sharma (HT) – A very good thought now turned into reality,
we did it, is our success half success and complete victory when
each of the people from labana drive safe and adopt the things
spread by our students and they can also circulate it as much as
• Construction of School signal in the out side of the school, as the
vehicle coming through the highway and when crossing the school,
its speed will turn slow after seeing that board.
• The board can be easily appear from 50 mt. away by which the driver
will able to take necessary action.
• It is also planned by the community members to lay Zebra crossing in
the front of the school on the highway, the another safety measure to
prohibit any mishaps or accidents.
• The more such community awareness programs will be initiated to
prohibit the habit of liquor in taking while driving vehicles.
The Road Ahead…..(in the next 3 months)
Students Participating in the Contest:
# State District School
No. of Students
17 Vishal Barolia Vth
2 17 Jitendra Raiger Vth
3 17 Yogesh Gandhi Vth
4 17 Krishn Barolia Vth
5 17 Sonu Bunkar Vth
6 17 Chandra Bunkar Vth
7 17 Rakesh Bunkar Vth
8 17 Mahesh Meena Vth
9 17 Rohit Gurjar Vth
10 17 Pooran Bunkar Vth
11 17 Priyanka Bunkar Vth
12 17 Priyanka Bunkar Vth
13 17 Rachna Verma Vth
14 17 Radha Raiger Vth
15 17 Monika Meena Vth
16 17 Rekha Meena Vth
17 17 Koushlya Gurjar Vth
• School Staff
– Mentor Teacher(s) Mr. Amit Sharma, Rajkumar Bunkar, Pradeep
Sharma, Priyanka Sharma, Rajni Chouhan and Meenakshi Pareek
• State Team
– Cluster Coordinator – Affaque Haider
– District Coordinator – Mr. Brajesh Bhardwaj