Our story of Change from
Satya Bharti School, Dhani Maliyan, Jaipur, Rajasthan,
Problem being attempted to change:
Environmental Pollution, Deforestation and Bad
Effects of Poly Bags
• Bharti Foundation
– Bharti Foundation is the philanthropic arm of Bharti Group Companies.
– The prime objective is to bridge the existing education divide and make quality
education accessible to underprivileged children in rural India.
– The Foundation aims to help underprivileged children and young people of our country
realize their potential.
• Satya Bharti School Program
– The Satya Bharti School Program is the flagship program of Bharti Foundation.
– It aims to deliver free quality education to underprivileged children, with special focus
on the girl child across rural India.
– Present Operational Status:
• Number of Schools Operational: 236
• States of Operation: Punjab, Haryana, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh &
• Number of Students Enrolled: Over 30,000
About the Community
• Geographical Location: Dhani Maliyan, a village as it is resembled by its
name, majority of population is of Mali community coming under OBC category.
Centrally located in the Achrol gram panchyat on road on the Jaipur – Delhi
highway. There is one big market in the village, which is the business center to
the other neighboring villages.
• Cultural Background: Since the large no. of professional studies students
used to reside their due to the nearness of Engineering, Management and
Medical Colleges the local people are also so much advanced and using
technologies. Now the village is semi-urban and well equipped with the modern
culture and traditions. People mainly depends on Business and Agriculture.
• Role of Satya Bharti School in the Village: Our school is supported and an
example of real model of public-private-partnership. In spite of several private
schools the parents wants to admit their children in our schools and supporting
us. Satya Bharti School is not only proved to be the school but a movement to
change whole locality with respect to many social evils prior existing in the
village but through our regular efforts, transformation is happening.
• Participation in ‘Design for Giving’ School Contest: There was a great need
to conduct this campaign as the use of poly bags is increasing day by day.
Since there is a big market, the people are regular subscriber of polythene and
habit of to throw it anywhere our campaign made them feel to feel for their
• To create an atmosphere
where there is not a little
bit of pollution or
• Every where we a get a
respiration, which give us
healthy life and
• We will create such wet
lands and canals where
there will be no blockage
• There will be no more
water contamination and
harm to aquatic animals
Photograph (If any)
• Students are now more motivated now.
• Encouraged to take initiatives.
• Can plan and implement.
• Enhanced leadership and team spirit among the students.
• Ignited the feeling of ownership among the students
• There is now more association and bonding among students to
think innovatively and creatively.
• It is now reflected that our students proved the theory of Bloom
Taxonomy – Recall, Knowledge, Comprehension, Application,
Analysis, Synthesis and Evaluation through this campaign
• Teachers were feel more empowered in the process of
execution and implementation and wined the more faith of the
• Teachers got appreciation and positive responses from the
community, which added jewel to their rapport and identification
as a social activist for a social change.
Impact on Us:
Experience of Community Members & Teachers:
• Nanchulal Saini – The whole process is very effective and want
to adapt these all learning in our life.
• Santosh Sharma – From now I will definitely avoid the use of
plastics and made the world pollution free.
• Visnu Gour (Class Vth) – I learned from my teachers, that how to
raise voice against the social evils and to speak up.
• Babita Saini (Class Vth) – How to be fearless and bold before
the people to make aware them what is bad and what is wrong.
• Mr. Ramkishore Mali (HT) – My students are my teachers, what
it seems to me in this campaign, really their so effective way to
present their thought and ideas to make the environment
pollution free makes me so happy. I feel proud to be their
teacher, if this small age they have such efficiency than what will
be when they grow young.
• The more such campaigns will be organized by the community
• There will be collection mission of waste poly bags for the whole
village and giving it to recycle process.
• The dustbin will be effectively used which is constructed by the gram
• The people will decided to use paper made carry bags to put the
things and avoid the poly bags as much as possible.
• Do not throw the plastic anywhere, if anybody is found doing the
same, then necessary action will be undertaken.
• There is a plan to plant more and more trees and do not allow
anybody to cut trees for their personal need only.
The Road Ahead…..(in the next 3 months)
Students Participating in the Contest:
# State District School
No. of Students
24 Arti Saini Vth
2 24 Babita Saini Vth
3 24 Chhoti Saini Vth
4 24 Indra Saini Vth
5 24 Koushal Saini Vth
6 24 Kalli Saini Vth
7 24 Meena Saini Vth
8 24 Mamta Saini Vth
9 24 Sonu Saini Vth
10 24 Kajal Saini Vth
11 24 Bablu Saini Vth
12 24 Ajay Saini Vth
13 24 Basanti Sharma Vth
14 24 Dinesh Sharma Vth
15 24 Gopal Saini Vth
16 24 Jitendra Saini Vth
# State District School
No. of Students
17 Naveen Sharma Vth
18 17 Suraj Saini Vth
19 17 Suresh Saini Vth
20 17 Vikash Saini Vth
21 17 Narsi Saini Vth
22 17 Vishnu Gour Vth
23 17 Tulsi Saini Vth
24 17 Mahendra Saini Vth
• School Staff
– Mentor Teacher(s) Mr. Ramkishore Mali, Surendra Pareek,
Ghanshyam Sharma, Jitendra Pareek, Anita Bunkar
• State Team
– Cluster Coordinator – Affaque Haider
– District Coordinator – Mr. Brajesh Bhardwaj