The BLK ProjeK seeks to address food
justice,public & mental health issues as
they speci cally relate to under served
women of color through culturally
relevant education, beauti cation of
public spaces, urban gardening and
community programming.By creating
easily accessible resources and
enriching the lives of women who are
routinely overlooked and overburdened
yet serve an important and critical role
in the larger fabric of society, we will
strengthen overall mental and public
health, as well as elevate the collective
self esteem of the larger communities
they live in.
ISSUES & CHALLENGES
1. COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
2. LACK OF EDUCATION
3. NEIGHBORHOOD BEAUTIFICATION
5. SAFER PUBLIC SPACES
STAKEHOLDERS & AUDIENCE
1. THE YOUTH (5-18)
3. OTHER COMMUNITY PROGRAMS
1. How to engage the community in social events that will
bring them together while effecting them as individuals
and as a whole.
2. How education can empower an entire community.
3. How to facilitate social capital which is sustainable in
4. How not to let our own values overshadow the actual
needs of the organization.