2. WHAT’S A VLOG?
A video blog or video log, usually shortened to vlog /ˈvlɒɡ/,
is a form of blog for which the medium is video, and is a form
of web television. Vlog entries often combine embedded
video (or a video link) with supporting text, images, and other
3. WHERE CAN YOU SHARE IT?
• YouTube Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload
original content, and share it all with friends, family, and
• SnapChat lets you easily talk with friends, view Live Stories
from around the world, and explore news in Discover.
Life's more fun when you live in the moment!
• Your website or blog.
• Facebook Connect with friends, family and other people
you know. Share photos and videos, send messages and get
4. WHAT MAKES US WATCH
• Answer a frequently asked question.
• People are more likely to watch a video on social media
posts over pictures or text.
• Keep your video short, they are more likely to be watched
1 to 5 min. in length.
• Offer a “how to.”
6. Forrester study, Dr. James McQuivey said, “A video is worth
1.8 million words,” and he wasn’t just being cheeky. If a
picture is worth a thousand words, and video shoots at 30
frames per second, then a 60-second video really does contain
the equivalent of 1.8 million words.
7. MEET THE PRESENTER
Book Denise Reed to speak at your next event for more
practical problem solving! Social media is just one tool for
practical problem solving. Ask what other solutions she has.