Project Exploration Day 1
1. Participants gain the skills to include advanced multimedia with blogging
a. Working with Photos
1. Advanced HTML editing
2. Creating a photo gallery in Wordpress
b. Creating a Podcast
1. Tools you will need
i. Blogging platform
ii. Hosting Service
iii. Recording Devices
iv. Audio Editing Software
c. Creating a Video Blog
1. Platforms for hosting video
2. Tools: Software & Hardware
d. Working Feedburner
2. Participants gain the understanding of how the Social Web works
a. Identify relationships between their blogs and other social platforms
b. Identify how to listen-in on the Social Web
c. Participants begin to participate in conversation over the web - finding relative sites, leaving
comments, and sharing their content.
Session 1 Activities
1. Who’s in the Room?
2. What do we want to learn?
3. What are our Goals?
1. The Social Web
b. How it works
c. Why is it important? Why be online?
2. Multimedia and the web
1. Working with photos on your blog
a. Finding images: Flickr.com
b. Editing Images with Wordpress and HTML
c. Creating a Wordpress Photo Gallery
2. Creating a podcast
3. Creating a Video Blog
LISTENING & SHARING
1. Listening in on the social web and finding your niche
2. Getting your Blog out there!