SYNC WITH OTHER
DLP – an answer ?
CATEGORIES OF DLP
• NETWORK AKA DATA IN MOTION
• STORAGE AKA DATA AT REST
• ENDPOINT AKA DATA IN USE
… NOT REALLY
1. IT’S CUMBERSOME FOR END USERS
2. NOT DESIGNED FOR COLABORATION
3. COMPLEX ENTREPRISE-WIDE DEPLOYMENT
4. NOT 100% RELIABLE (FALSE POSITIVES)
DLP IS TRANSMISSION CONTROL
NOT DESIGNED TO ALLOW SECURED DATA SHARING AND
COLLABORATION WHILE PREVENTING DOCUMENT LEAKAGE
WHAT HAPPENS BEYOND ENTREPRISE BOUNDARIES?
• Password security which uses RC4 128bit encryption or 128-bit
AES Adobe 8 Generation technology
• Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) encryption
WE NEED A NEW APPROACH
“How can we assure that only authorized people read classified
“How can we assure the recipients do not share unauthorized data
“How can we guarantee that data is not manipulated,
unintentionally or fraudulently?”
DATA CENTRIC PROTECTION
If we cannot protect the data, why not let the data protect
How does it work?
3/ The server monitors who can
access the file and how."
1/ You create
2/ Send it through
a protection engine"
And in 3 clicks you’ve got a
doc ready to share securely!"