2. Coverage of our IT Syllabus
3. Large number of Activities conduct in an business organization is known as business process
For example :-
• Marketing Activities
4. Business Information System
Generally Information system means system of computers ,software and data used to provide required
For example :- Stock Exchange system and banking Information system
Various Types of Information System.
1.Transaction Processing System(TPS)
2.Management Information System(MIS)
3.Decision Support System(DSS)
5. Transaction Processing System
• TPS is an information system that manipulates data from business transactions .
• Transactions includes events such as sales, purchases , payments , receipts .
• TPS performs routine and repetitive task .
Example :- If an organization sell something to a customer on credit data about customer ,about
product ,about sales person must be stored and processed.
6. Decision Support System
• DSS is a computer based System that supports decision making in the organization
• DSS is a collection of Software application and hardware that becomes backbone of organization’s
decision making and helps to make decision which is rapidly changes.
7. Management Information System
• MIS is a system that provides information necessary to manage an organization effectively
• MIS should have a clearly defined framework of guidelines, Policies, and Procedures for the
organization .These should be followed by organization for their development and Maintenance .
8. Telecommunication and Networks
• We are aware about data communication and Internet for business organizations . Internet has
become an integral part of our daily life . In this Topic we discuss about data communication and
network technologies and uses of Internet helping organizations to manage business activities
efficiently ,by using computer networks ,Intranet and Extranet