Presentation on using a PowerShell script to query a list of SQL Servers against the msdb databases for failed jobs and other exceptions for a daily email list of all the issues that occurred the previous day.
2. * Peace of Mind
* One place to see exceptions
* Notifications: on success, on fail, or both?
* 40 success emails/day (full). Hundreds/day
(log). Did I get them all?
3. * Deleted or missing Agent schedule
* Disabled agent job
* No mail profile (ex: restored user databases,
but not master)
* Alert system not configured
* Job notification not configured
* Agent turned off
* Exchange was down
4. * Administrative utility database (or at least a table)
to store the daily check results from each server
* Scheduling method to run jobs like backups, index
rebuilds, consistency checks, etc.
* Text file list of SQL Servers/Instances to check
* Powershell script to query the servers
* Method to schedule the PoSH script (Scheduled
* Reporting Services (Improved, but optional)