The word “person” comes from the Greek
“prosophon” which is the mask worn by
The Latin “personare” alludes to the mask
which is constructed so as to project
forcefully the voice of the actor.
“as an individual, existing separately and
independently from others, capable of knowing
and loving in an intellectual way, and of deciding
for himself the purpose or end of his actions.”
Man is an organism
composed of a
material body and a
- Is made up of man’s biological, psychological
and rational powers.
The awareness that Reality is a process, moving
with direction and purpose, and within this
movement each moment is connected by the
process with the goal, and so is perfect.
Personality and Character
- Is the sum of those physical attributes and
tendencies which define a person’s distinctive
- Refers the person’s choice of values and his
intelligent exercise of his freedom.
- Is the readiness, born of frequently
repeated acts, for acting in a certain
Intellectual and Moral
- are character traits necessary for
right action and correct thinking.
- are acquired by human effort
concerning our appetites and will.
- is a practice or a behavior or
habit generally considered
immoral, depraved, or
degrading in the associated