Successfully reported this slideshow.
We use your LinkedIn profile and activity data to personalize ads and to show you more relevant ads. You can change your ad preferences anytime.

Workshop on Innovations in Service Delivery and the Scope for South-South and Triangular Cooperation

243 views

Published on

Presentation by David South Consulting.
Dhaka, Bangladesh | 9 - 11 December 2017
davidsouthconsulting.com
davidsouthconsulting.org

Published in: Government & Nonprofit
  • Be the first to comment

  • Be the first to like this

Workshop on Innovations in Service Delivery and the Scope for South-South and Triangular Cooperation

  1. 1. David South Consulting | HEALTH For: Workshop on Innovations in Service Delivery and the Scope for South-South and Triangular Cooperation Dhaka, Bangladesh 9 - 11 December 2017 Why innovate?
  2. 2. What does innovation look like? Four types of innovation: Product innovation Process innovation Marketing innovation Organizational innovation (OECD: Oslo Manual) 300 plus tech hubs in Africa and rising (ventureburn) Available digital data increasing by 40 per cent every year (UN Global Pulse) 75% of digital projects fail and very few of the remaining 25% actually achieve or exceed their original goals (BBC). Information technology is just 10% of the solution (Frontline SMS) Meaning … you will need to apply all these forms of innovation to succeed.
  3. 3. The Big Picture Global Internet users: 3.58 bn (2017) 731 million in China 460 million in India Percentage of population who is a mobile phone subscriber: Latin America: 70% Asia-Pacific: 65% MENA: 59% Sub-Saharan Africa: 44% IT spending worldwide in 2016 was US $3.4 trillion US $1.2 trillion on digital transformation in 2017 (IDC)
  4. 4. Crisis leads to opportunity Public demand combined with IT revolution driving need to innovate (gosh.nhs.uk)
  5. 5. IT revolution combined with crisis = Urgent need to communicate about “biggest peacetime economic collapse” (un-mongolia.mn)
  6. 6. Global economic crisis + mobile technology revolution = Southern Innovator (southerninnovator.com)
  7. 7. Impact - think like an entrepreneur and marketer - use psychology/sociology - be the success Innovation - off-the-shelf software - scoping phase - budgets matter - set high standards Scaling up - be realistic - consent and buy-in - it is political Sustainable Funding - micro payments - make it a success - partner with digital companies - use time LESSONS LEARNED
  8. 8. Data and Evidence - Big data - Data deluge - Aadhaar - Free services - Health and medical data - Super computers - Positive data harvesting
  9. 9. SDGs and Partnerships Challenges and Opportunities
  10. 10. The future: “People are the real wealth of a nation”

×