In this interactive presentation David will walk through his company's most recent project set to launch with alpha customers September 22nd. He'll walk through the good, the bad, and the ugly. If you see some WTFs call em out!
The project is a web app in the social media and recruiting space (think Wikipedia / Uber for jobs) and audience members will get to use the app during the presentation.
He'll quickly cover these topics then open up for Q&A
• Using Amazon Web Services for storing profile images and binary data.
• Using Rails App Composer
• Structuring CSS and SASS
• How login is implemented
• social sharing
• favicon generation
• Stripe - managed accounts
• On the fly database performance alerts with Bullet
• Unit testing with Guard Minitest
• Email testing with Letter Opener
• Debugging with Meta Request and Rails Panel
• Helping customers understand the system with Rails ERD
• Code Quality with Rubocop
• Hosting with Heroku
• Serving the app with Puma
• Production error monitoring with New Relic
• Load Testing 101 (or maybe even less) with Send Grid's Loader.io