Where are we today?
The following presentation will show:
1. Where the project started from.
2. Where progress has been made.
3. What is still to be undertaken.
4. What lies ahead.
5. The opportunities that lie ahead.
Academy of Sport SI
Rugby, Soccer, Squash
University of Otago
Stadium complete Aug 2011
Rugby World Cup Sept 2011
Stadiums need people!
1. Benefit from Academy Of Sport being on site.
a) Use of West and East Stands.
b) Potential use by bodies of level 2a office space.
c) These 2 features give life and vitality to the building
2. Benefit of the University being on site.
a) People, both students and lecturers.
b) It offers jobs, students will be the biggest single demographic in our
c) Projects, both consultancy and project work.
d) Stadium as showcase for study
3. A clotheshorse or a experimental lab? Its what we choose to make of it.
The venue will be a beacon
for the region
It will have local, national
and international exposure
Our task is to capture hearts