Spelled now as MacKenzie, original documents spelled the
name as McKenzie. It replaced two prior structures of the
same name, both of which were destroyed by fire: the first in
1909 and the second in 1926.
The Sandringham School District was organized formally in October
1892 and a one-room log school building was erected the following
year on the northwest quarter of 16-25-20 west of the Principal
Meridian, in the Rural Municipality of Dauphin, on land donated by
Charlie Hicks. In 1949, it was replaced by a new building. The school
closed in 1964 with remaining students going to schools in Dauphin.
In 1980, the log school building was moved to Fort Dauphin Museum
and a monument commemorates it here.
A sign marks the first location of the Trembowla School building
in the Rural Municipality of Dauphin. Established formally as a
district in November 1899, the building was later moved to a site
nearby. The former building of Riverbend School No. 1176 was
moved to the area in 1960 and used until 1965 when the district