Metadata Governance is the execution and enforcement of authority over the management of Metadata and other data documentation. Organizations that govern their data documentation find it easier to govern their data as a result. There is direct correlation between the use of Data Catalogs, Business Glossaries and Data Dictionaries and successful governance of data and Metadata.
This month’s RWDG webinar with Bob Seiner will focus on governing the use of the mentioned tools and the Metadata that can be managed inside each one. Bob will talk about governing Metadata in existing Metadata resources versus using new tools to handle this function.
In this webinar, Bob will discuss:
- The relationship between Data Governance and Metadata Governance
- Metadata collected in Data Catalogs, Business Glossaries, and Data Dictionaries
- How to maximize use the data documentation in each resource
- Governing data documentation in Catalogs, Glossaries, and Dictionaries
- Measuring the effectiveness of governed Metadata