Data tends to pile up and can be rendered unusable or obsolete without careful maintenance processes. Reference and Master Data Management (MDM) has been a popular Data Management approach to effectively gain mastery over not just the data but the supporting architecture for processing it. This webinar presents MDM as a strategic approach to improving and formalizing practices around those data items that provide context for many organizational transactions—its master data. Too often, MDM has been implemented technology-first and achieved the same very poor track record (one-third succeeding on-time, within budget, and achieving planned functionality). MDM success depends on a coordinated approach typically involving Data Governance and Data Quality activities.
- Understand foundational reference and MDM concepts based on the Data Management Body of Knowledge (DMBOK)
- Understand why these are an important component of your Data Architecture
- Gain awareness of Reference and MDM Frameworks and building blocks
- Know what MDM guiding principles consist of and best practices
- Know how to utilize reference and MDM in support of business strategy