Application of cryptocurrency innovation beyond the financial world
BEYOND THE FINANCIAL WORLD
THE CASE OF THE ETHEREUM BLOCKCHAIN AS A MEDIUM FOR
ORGANIZATION OF ACADEMIA-BUSINESS COOPERATION
Monetary Research Center, UNWE 12.10.2017
OPEN SOURCE UNI R&D TEAM
• Hristian Daskalov, Ph.D. Candidate at Technical University - Sofia
• Prof. Dr. Eng. Ognyan Andreev, Head of Department of Industrial Management
• IO ERA software consultancy and development company: Jordan Jambazov, Dobromir
Kovachev, Petar Angelov, Momchil Jambazov, Vladimir Tassev
• Academic and corporate partners: Brain Workshop Institute, Investor Media Group, Mandalay
International University, University of Finance, Business and Entrepreneurship /VUZF/
• Advisors: Prof. Sergey Ignatov, Detelina Smilkova, Kuzman Iliev, Vladimir Sirkarov, Dr. Angel
Georgiev, Evelina Prodanova, Kalin Tsekov, Miglen Evlogiev, and others
• H1 2015 - OSUni research project initiated at the Faculty of Management within the Technical University of
Sofia, resulting in scientific publications on the subject, published in Bulgaria, Latvia, and the Czech Republic.
• H2 2015 - OSUni proof-of-concept phase initiated, along with corporate partners from Bulgarian industry and
software development sectors, resulting in early versions of system's architecture and design.
• H1 2016 - OSUni announced among top 10 social innovation ideas globally, in competition with 400 technology
concepts and 130+ project proposals as part of the Living Progress Challenge of Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
• H2 2016 - OSUni receives positive reviews and engages in expanding its partnership network under programs
for support of young entrepreneurs, led by the Ministry of Economy and the Open Society Institute, as well as
through the Sofia Business School.
• H1 2017 - OSUni announced as 2017 "YouthSpeak'' forum winner in Latvia, based on a scaled-down prototype,
resulting in a distributed learning program implementation project at a community center in Sao Paulo, Brazil.
• H2 2017 - OSUni development work reaches important milestone, under the project leadership of IO.Era,
software consultancy, specializing in blockchain-based applications, leading the way to an initial currency
IT IS A SHARED DATABASE.
THIS DATABASE IS CALLED A LEDGER.
LIKE A BANK, THE LEDGERS KEEP
TRACK OF CURRENCY.
UNLIKE A CENTRALIZED BANK,
EVERYONE HAS A COPY.
TYPES OF BLOCKCHAIN
THERE ARE TWO TYPES BLOCKCHAIN:
COMPLETELY OPEN, ANYONE CAN JOIN AND PARTICIPATE
REQUIRES AN INVITATION, MUST BE VALIDATED BY NETWORK STARTER
HYPERLEDGER FABRIC IS AN EXAMPLE OF A PERMISSIONED BLOCKCHAIN
FRAMEWORK IMPLEMENTATION HOSTED BY THE LINUX FOUNDATION.
EXTREME FAULT TOLERANCE
THE INTERNET OF EVERYTHING NEEDS A LEDGER OF EVERYTHING
DESIGNED BY VITALIK
VISION: TO CREATE A
CONTRACTS TO BE
INITIAL RELEASE: 30
DESIGNED TO BE A
CALL TO ACTION
Picture: Workshop on smart contracts, based on the principles of OSUni - open learning, direct
interaction and sharing within a broader network. Conducted in Sofia Tech Park, October 2017
• Featured in leading media outlets: Bloomberg TV, Bulgaria On Air TV, Nova TV, Capital
• Featured in international scientific conferences and journals: Riga Technical University, Brno
University of Technology, Technical University - Sofia, New Bulgarian University – Sofia Business
School, Sofia University