CODE OF ETHICS RELEVANT
What is Code of Ethics ?
A written set of guidelines issued by an
organization to its workers and management
to help them conduct their actions
A guide of principles designed to help
professionals conduct business honestly and
A statement encompassing the set of rules
based on values and the standards of conduct
to which practitioners of a profession are
expected to conform
The code sets out the principles of the ethical
practice of management consulting. The
purpose of this Code is to ensure members
maintain their professionalism and adhere to
high ethical standards while providing services
to clients and also in their dealings with their
colleagues and the public.
What is management
The practice of helping organizations to improve
their performance, primarily through the
analysis of existing organizational problems and
development of plans for improvement
WHAT are the code of ethics
relevant to management
• Professional Competence and due
• Professional Behavior
• Technical Standards
1. Serve clients with independence, honesty, integrity,
competence and objectivity.
2. Keep client information and records of clients
engagements confidential and will use proprietary
client information only with client’s permission.
3. Will not take advantage of confidential client
4. Before undertaking an engagement, disclose to the
clients-prospective or existing- any conflicts of
interests whereby the knowledge of specific client
actions and information risks compromising their
1. Accept only engagements for which are qualified
by experience and competence.
2. Assign staff to client engagements in accord with
their experience, knowledge, and expertise.
3. Will immediately acknowledge any influences on
objectivity to clients and will offer to withdraw
from a consulting engagement when objectivity or
integrity may be impaired.
1. Agree independently and in advance on the basis
for fees and expenses and will charge fees and
expenses that are reasonable legitimate, and
commensurate with the services delivered and the
2. Disclose to clients n advance any fees or
commissions that was expected to receive for
equipment, supplies, or services recommended to
1. Respect the intellectual property rights of clients,
other consulting firms, and sole practitioners and
will not use proprietary information or methodologies
2. Will not advertise services in a deceptive manner
and will not misrepresent the consulting profession,
consulting firms, or sole practitioners.
3. Will encourage reporting of violations of the code of