● Second Steps Update
● Summer School Survey
● ISA Testing (no need to prepare!)
● SAFIO-Tag, Injuries
● Chinese New Year
● ES Garden, Integration into curriculum
Please help us in protecting the
student from Hand, Foot, and Mouth
Thank you for your kind cooperation.
* RIS School Clinic*
4 Check to ensure the student is
fit to school:
● Check for fever
(to take temperature).
● Check for blisters on
hands and arms.
● Check for mouth ulcers.
● Check for blisters on
soles of feet, legs and/ or
● We do not have any cases of HMFD, but a
notice was posted by the Ministry of Health
● Please review precautions to take at home:
● We have already reviewed the information
with our faculty and we have a plan in place
if we need.
● If you have any concerns, please see your
doctor or bring your child to the clinic at the
start of school.
Summer School Ideas...
● We are in the initial planning stages for the
ES Summer School Program
● Please complete the survey to give us some
ideas on your preferences. (see NEXT
An example of project-based
learning (see next slides)
Students could spend 1-2 weeks researching,
planning, and designing a city.
students could write
a description of the
Second Steps Update
● Daryl and Toni are observing Second Steps
Lessons in the classroom.
● Second Steps and Steps to Respect are being
taught in the classrooms. A longer-term goal
is for students, teachers, staff, and parents to
use the same language.
● Zen Den Passes are available for students to
spend quiet “choice” time with Ms. Crystal in
her room during lunch break (Tues & Thur)
ISA Testing-NO need to PREPARE,
NO need to WORRY!
● Mon Feb 16--Day 1
● Tues Feb 17--Day 2
● Wed Feb 18
○ makeups/early release day
Thurs--Chinese New Year
● Please inform Ms. Toni or Mr. Daryl if you
have any MAJOR incidents that need any
● Recently, kids have been playing TAG very
● We have been educating kids on playing tag
on the field or in front of the Admin Building.
Chinese New Year Assembly
● Friday, February 13th, 2015 there will be
several student performances at the All-
School Assembly to celebrate Chinese New
● The Assembly will last about 30 minutes.
ES Garden (near Redeemer Hall)
● Integration into curriculum
● Update ATLAS
● The ES will have a section of land to grow
plants and vegetables in the near future.
● If you want to donate or help with the
Garden, please let Mr. Daryl or Ms. Toni
● If you are interested in incorporating
Environmental Science into Summer School,
please add this to the survey responses.
Thank you for viewing our
Please let us know if you have any questions or
Ms. Toni & Mr. Daryl