SCHOOL OF ARCHITECTURE, BUILDING & DESIGN
Research Unit for Modern Architecture Studies in Southeast Asia
Foundation in Natural and Build Environment (FNBE)
Introduction to the Construction Industry [QSB30105]
Lecturers: Hasmanira Mokhtar, Jaqurliyn Ann See Peng
Project 1B (Group and Individual)
Profession in construction industry – Building Teams: Identifying their specific roles
30% (30% Group, Individual performance based on peer assessment)
Submission date – 28th
• To enable students to develop an understanding of the building team, its
organization, their duties, responsibilities and the inter-relationship within which
they will seek employment, career progression or further study.
• To develop an awareness of their professional responsibilities and to appreciate
their profession in the construction industry.
• To assess the students understanding on the general construction process from
the sketch plan to completion of a building and introduce the scope of work
handled by the players involved.
• Explain and illustrate structures of organizations and the team involved in the
• Explain the roles and responsibilities of the entities touching briefly the legal and
contractual procedures and impact.
• Ability to document their observations and understanding from interview session
and research resources as well as to communicate in a systematic and
• CD which includes the video recording of the interview and softcopy of your
magazine in PDF format
• An A5 sized, colored and printed magazine
• The magazine should be 8 – 12 pages
• Submission date : 28th
. April 2015