Qualitative vs Quantitative data
And pros and cons of them
Qualitative data is worded data as oppose to numbered,
these questionnaires feature more open questions,
leaving a more broad space for answering.
• More detailed than quantitative
• Needs less people to ask etc.
• Saves time on asking people
• Evidence isn’t as “concrete”- You don’t know how
many people answered one way or another
• Generalises the audience
Quantitative data is a numerical set of data.
Quantitative questionnaires feature more closed
questions and leave the answering space to mostly one
• Saves time on collecting data
• Easier to make comparisons
• More difficult to analyse the data in words
• Takes longer to collect the data
My questionnaire uses mostly quantitative questions as
it is easier to get an exact answer when asking things
such as what my colour scheme should be. This way I
get a more direct set of answers to use in my final