Standard Operating Procedures - SOPs - Work Samples - Advanced Manufacturing Office
Advanced Manufacturing Office (AMO)
Subject: AMO Program Announcements
Issue Date: TBD
The purpose of this document is to establish Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for issuing AMO
The procedures established in this SOP shall be followed by all AMO employees.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Director: Informs Deputy Director/Associate Director for Communications of need for a program
announcement and, if applicable, specifies whether announcement should be placed on website
or distributed through other means (e.g., listserv).
Deputy Director: Approves announcement before dissemination.
Associate Director for Communications: Writes or oversees program announcements; submits
them for approval; disseminates or oversees dissemination of them to the public.
Webmaster: Posts program announcements to Manufacturing.gov in the approved format.
AMNPO Staff: Posts announcements to NNMI LinkedIn Group, as applicable.
1. Webmaster shall post updates to Manufacturing.gov (NIST.gov/AMO, as appropriate) after
receiving approval from the Communications Director, then Deputy Director or Director.
2. Webmaster shall updates links and confirm that links are active.
3. Communications Director shall make final approval before the updates and links go-live.
4. Communications Director then crafts text and disseminates directly to Listserv after reviewing
for typos or other errors.
5. Communications Director may also craft texts for Twitter and disseminate independently.
6. Program support staff post updates to the LinkedIn group independently.