Daniel Macho Ortiz
email@example.com www.danielmacho.com danielmacho72
+34.618.104.22.168 Barcelona (SPAIN) 15-05-1972
My main hobby is technology and has always been my passion since I was a child. In my spare
time I play with my kids and keep learning and maturing my tech and management skills. Love
holiday travels, cars and playing tennis-paddle.
24 years of experience in software application development, 18 years as software development
manager for various industries (IT and consulting, GIS, e-Commerce, Pharma, HRO), both
product and service oriented and remotely leading and coaching international and multi-
disciplinary teams to deliver innovative solutions.
More than 30 endorsements available at LinkedIN
Soft-Skils • Leadership and Innovative Thinking. Initiative identifying areas for improvement or customer
situations at risk and devising & executing necessary contingency and corrective plans.
• Solid project management and coordination abilities
• Dependable: Can be relied upon to complete assignments and projects on schedule, scope
and meeting quality objectives
• Acute: Strong trouble-shooting and problem solving skills.
• Supportive: Always ready, motivated, willing and able to help when a problem situation arises.
• Easy going and fair with all I encounter.
Xerox Services - HRO Services App Dev Manager - 10 years April 2006 – current
Main responsible for the software applications needed for HR Service Delivery global
contracts for various HRO/LO customers. Hiring manager and technical leader for
the remotely distributed application development team.
HR Outsourcing (HRO) Contracts – General Motors Europe (now Opel/Vauxhall), ATOS, UBS,
Learning Outsourcing (LO) Contracts – AIRBUS, Credit Suisse, OMV
- Multi-tenant Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence solution based on SQL Server
and Microstrategy 9.4.x to automatically generate operational reports for SLAs/KPIs as
well as web applications for backlog and predictive analysis (Web and Mobile)
- Solution to actively monitor SLAs for HR Services provided – Reduction of monthly SLA
penalties (30K $ monthly costs) for contracts and moving SLAs from red to green.
Technology: ASP.NET, MVC, SSAS, SSRS
- EAI Solution to integrate service middleware applications with ERPs (SAP, Peoplesoft)
thus leveraging HR self service. Technology: Webmethods 8 for EAI, adapters and ESB
- JIRA based Xerox Learning Administration System – product of choice to quickly
implement XLAS solutions for Learning Adm Outsourcing customers – Saving money and
deliver LAS on time and quality.
- Introduction of SCRUM methodology and Atlassian Product Stack (JIRA, Confluence,
Stash) to manage projects
- Microstrategy 9.4.x (BI)
- Microsoft BI (SSAS, SSIS, SSRS) – Cubes and MDX
- Microsoft ASP.NET, MS MVC, Restful
- JQuery, AngularJS
- SQL Server 2008, 2012, 2014
- Webmethods 8 (EAI)
- Atlassian Stack
Aspen Technology - MES Software Development Manager – 5 years June 2001- Jan 2006
Software Development Manager, Technical Lead and Team Leader for several MES
(Manufacturing Execution System) software products.
- Bring various releases for AeBRS MES product into market based on product roadmap,
on time and on quality and following processes (ISO-9000,RUP)
- Management of the remotely distributed team (developers, QEs & doc. writers)
distributed among Seattle, Houston, Barcelona, Paris and Brussels
- Participate in Users Group meetings with customers (Sanofi Aventis, Rockette among
others) and product manager to bring requirements in product roadmap.
- Java EE, Java SE, Apache Tomcat
- Microsoft ASP.NET
- SQL Server and Oracle DBs
- Webmethods and TIBCO
Digitas LBi - Software Development Director – 1 year May 2000 – June 2001
Technical Team leader (15 people) and Project Manager for a Dutch company (Lost
Define the technical guidelines for new solutions and projects in the Spanish location
(Madrid and Barcelona) in the main areas the company was involved.
- Definition and implementation of an XML based MVC engine (LBEngine) to ease new
- Bring to market e-commerce for a Catalan retail leader company:
www.capraboacasa.com (B2C, e-shop) & www.caprabo.com (portal) and all ETL and
backend applications needed to support all use cases for the e-shop.
- Create the team from scratch (15 people), gather requirements, design software
architecture and IT deployment.
- Java EE
- Weblogic AppServer
- ORACLE DB
- Sun Microsystems Infrastructure
FIHOCA – R&D Software Developer – 2 years Jan 1998 – May 2000
Analyst/programmer and project manager in the FIHOCA R&D Laboratory
- Java based XML Editor for business process definitions
- WAP Mobile Java Based Editor
- 3270 Terminal emulator in Java for Internet access to back-end AIX apps
Port of Barcelona – GIS Analyst-Programmer - 3 years Feb 1995 – Jan 1998
GIS Analyst and software developer role in Port of Barcelona.
Maintain the Geographic information system (GIS) of Port of Barcelona based
in Smallworld, magik (an OO language) under Sun Solaris and SUN Spark IT.
Cibernos Consulting/OESIA – Analyst-Programmer - 3 years May 1992 – Feb 1995
Multimedia projects development using author tools, C, C++, assembler.
Microstrategy University (Several 9.x trainings) Jan 2014-Dec 2014
Several Microstrategy trainings (Reporting, Dashboards and Metadata modeling related)
CodeSchool (online learning) June 2014 - Now
Online training on various learning paths: RubyOnRails, Javacript and their frameworks, iOS,
European Management Development Program Jan 2009 – Dec 2009
A whole year training program to develop managers in following matters:
Myers-Briggs Type Indicator, Leading for Success, People Management and Developing Others,
Effective Communication Skills, Coaching and Change Management, Building High
Performance Teams, Myers Briggs Revisited
ASP.NET and C# Certificate by Microsoft 2004
Training and official certificate from Microsoft on ASP.NET and C#
Cambridge Advance Certificate of English 2004
CAE level of English – English is my business language since 2000
IT High Technical Engineer in Business Computer Science 1991-1994
3 years training program in various languages and technologies: C/C++, OO Programming,
AS/400 (COBOL, RPG), UNIX Scripting…