Slides from the 2015 Cloud Foundry Summit on May 12.
Virtualization and global distribution are great when it comes to cloud computing and open source. In both cases, physical location is irrelevant. But one of the best ways to join the Cloud Foundry community is to participate in a local meetup. The presenters will share their experience running user groups over the past decade and lessons learned from recent Cloud Foundry events.
This session will teach you how to:
1. Find an active Cloud Foundry (or related cloud computing) user group
2. Contribute your own knowledge at an upcoming event
3. Organize - and sustain - a strong Cloud Foundry community
After this presentation, you will:
1. Appreciate the professional (and social) benefits of attending a meetup
2. Know how to share your expertise and establish your eminence as a Cloud Foundry expert
3. Be prepared to effectively organize a sustainable Cloud Foundry user group