Hoschton, firstname.lastname@example.org Cell Phone: 678 863 3982
An Advanced Systems administrator with a focus on meeting SLAs (Service Level Agreements)
in a timely manner to the customer’s satisfaction. Extensive experience supporting the Technical
needs of medium to large businesses
• Active Directory Services
• Print queue creation and management
• Backup and restoration
• Ticket Management
Certified Novell Administrator 5; MCP Windows 2000; Comptia Security +; Active Top Secret
HP/ EDS, Wash., DC, AFNCR
Advanced Systems Administrator 2014-2015
Functioned as part of a Network Control Center, supporting the Pentagon, Boling and Andrews
Air force bases.
• Managed Active Directory services, to allow users the correct file permissions to do their
• Provided tier II and III support for Air force users and Desktop Support Technicians.
• Analyzed and identified network issues and worked to a resolution or prevention as
• Created print queues and resolved printers and print queue issues.
• Resolved trouble tickets in accordance with the SLA of 95% or better.
• Provisioned and DE provisioned user’s accounts to control access to resources.
• Mentored and trained fellow system administrators in processes and procedures.
HP/ EDS, Wash., DC, ATF ESA III
Advanced Systems Administrator 2004-2014
Functioned as a Member of the Special Operations First Response Information Technology
Team, under the Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives Agency, in the Department of
• Traveled to remote locations, setup networks and provided Technical to users/Agents in
the execution of their duties.
• Programmed Cisco 2950 and 4006 switches for acceptance onto the network at both the
Headquarters and remote offices.
• Programmed and setup various models of wireless routers and devices in support of the
execution of the duties of the agents.
• Configured various models of HP printers (both Network and Stand-alone).
• Deployed new hardware and Operating systems upgrade, Ipads and Iphones.
• Provided technical input to customer as needed regarding the purchasing of equipment.
EDS, Wash., DC, INS STARS
System Admin 2002 –2004
Technical lead within the Imaging Technical Assistance Center.
• Evaluated and documented analysis of tests conducted on various hardware products
including Office Automation Servers, Network Attached Storage, Desktops, Laptops,
Tape Libraries, Printers, PDA's, LAN peripherals and Biometrics.
• Evaluated software products including Windows 2000 with Active Directory, Veritas
Backup Exec, Symantec Ghost 7.5, Remedy, NetWare 4.2 and 5 and ArcServe 7. Other
duties included customization of Internet/ Intranet browsers (Microsoft’s IE 5.5 and 6.0)
for use within the DHS, compilation of progress reports, Technical phone support and
EDS, Raleigh, NC DSOS Account
Systems Administrator 2001- 2002
A member of the Server support team for the Post Office, applying patches and resolving
• Supported Windows NT 4.0 and Windows 2000 servers for the Post Office in Raleigh,
EDS, Wash., DC, INS STARS 2000 -2001
System Admin ·
A member of the workstation deployment team.
• Worked in the Imaging and Deployment, testing and evaluating new hardware and
software products for potential purchase by client
• Deployed and integrated new equipment and software to customer’s sites
• Maintained servers in NT4.0 network and supported customer’s applications
Additional Professional Experience
Coach Leatherwear Carlstadt, NJ
LAN Administrator ·
• Supported local and wide area networks, migrated sites from Novell 3x to Novell 4x
Timeplex Group Woodcliff Lake, NJ
Network Support Specialist ·
• Configured Novell and Windows NT servers
Motorola Totowa, NJ
Electronic Technician ·
• Troubleshoot and repaired Motorola pagers to component level reducing the cost of
Computer Learning Center Paramus, NJ
Assistant Tutor ·
• Tutored students in basic electronics, mathematics, dos and general computing hardware
Damascus Tool Company Springfield, NJ
• Repaired and fabricated tools, jigs and fixtures to increase production of components
• Progressed from junior to senior ToolMaker
Advanced Project Leader Training (Boot Camp)
Kingston Polytechnic (University), Kingston upon Thames, London Higher National Diploma in
Computer Learning Center, Paramus, NJ Certificate in Computer and Electronic Technology
Alpha Train, Union, NJ Client/ Server Certificate