CEO and Revenue
• Steve Riggio is CEO of Barnes & Noble, Inc. He is
also vice chairman of the company and served on
the board of directors. Riggio began his career at
Barnes & Noble in 1975 after graduating from
• Founders: Charles M. Barnes
G. Clifford Noble
• In 2007 B&N's sales topped $5.4 billion for the
year, up nearly 3% from the previous year,
earning a 3.8% operating margin on its sales.
• Public Company, Headquarters Location
122 5th Ave., New York, NY 10011-5605,
• There are entry level employees who just
work in the local Barnes and Noble stores.
There are also the managers of those specific
stores. Beyond that there are presidents of
specific sections of the country along with a
CEO that runs the whole business.
Benefits From Barnes and Noble
• Full-time and part-time booksellers are eligible for personal days after six months. You
may take one personal day in the first year of employment and two personal days in
• Paid vacation time is also provided to full-time and part-time booksellers. You may take
one week of vacation after six months. After that, annual vacation time is based on
length of service starting at two weeks of vacation after one year with us.
• Medical Plan – Our comprehensive PPO plan includes coverage for an annual physical,
well-child care, vision exams and prescription drugs. Coverage is higher, and out-of-
pocket costs are lower, when preferred providers are used, but booksellers are free to
choose non-network doctors and facilities.
• Dental Plan – The plan covers preventive visits at 100%, and also covers basic and major
• Flexible Spending Account – Booksellers can use this account to pay many out-of-
pocket healthcare costs and save money at the same time by using before-tax earnings.
It costs 22 dollars and six cents to buy one bond of Barnes and Noble Stock.
• The company culture for store level
employees at Barnes and Noble is very laid
back. You can wear casual clothing, they also
have computers and you can take breaks
when you need them. They serve star bucks so
the employees often get large discounts when
they want them on the coffee.
Average Pay, Job Growth, Diversity
Job growth at Barnes
and Noble has been
steadily raising over
the past few years due
to people needing a
job to make extra cash
in these tough times.
Barnes and Noble is
also highly diverse,
there are many
and cultures that work
there and they are not
Top Services and Goods
• Obviously Barnes and Noble sells a whole lot
of books. However, there second largest sale
comes from Starbucks Coffee. After that are
there CDs since they have a decent CD section
for a bookstore.
Advertising and Marketing
• Barnes and Noble does email newsletters but
since they are so well known they usually get
noticed just by word of mouth. They also
send out coupons to frequent customers of
there store and have their own website.