Mail Sharing and Archiving for
Microsoft Outlook and Exchange
DocLook Reach is a unique software solution that
Allows users to instantly view archived emails
within Microsoft Outlook®
Shares those emails across the organisation
Reduces the size of the local PST and the
server’s Exchange Information Store files
Did you know?
• There is a steadily rising need amongst businesses today for
Email Management Systems
• One of a businesses most valuable assets is the Information
contained within the emails that come in and out every day.
• Businesses are legally obliged to retain emails for a specified
period of time.
• Sharing and viewing archived emails stored in users Personal
Storage Table (PST) is labour intensive, costly and problematic.
• Emails that are forwarded and copied becomes replicated data
and redundant, eating up storage space on your server and hard
•Archiving is important, because if a user’s PST file becomes full it
runs the risk of corruption and loss of data.
•Emails can take up a lot of space on the users hard drive and
exchange server meaning companies are having to spend a lot of
money maintaining emails in both locations.
•The problem with archiving emails on the Server as an MSG, is
once an email is archived it can no longer be viewed as one
expects an email to look in Outlook.
DocLook Reach is different.
Offers transparency - Emails can be shared across the whole
organisation, with permissions to provide security where
Sits seamlessly within Microsoft Outlook – no extra training
needed for users
Reduces user’s PST and also the Exchange Information Store
Creates a Merge folder – Email conversations (inbox & sent
items) are merged into one folder
Archive can be set up on The Cloud – making emails
accessible from anywhere in the world
Emails are fully searchable – fast & easy access to information
Frees up considerable storage space on the server and hard
drive by reducing replicated emails and redundant data.
Emails are NEVER deleted – only an administrator has the
ability to delete an email at his/her discretion
Saves on IT admin costs – recovering archived emails before
DocLook Reach is both time consuming and costly
Integrates with Orinoco DFS – send attachments directly from
emails straight to Orinoco DFS
DocLook Reach Tab sits on the Toolbar. Click it to open
options. In ‘About DocLook’, there is a full user guide. Click
‘Add Archive’ to select the location of your stored archive, or
you can create an archive. You can search across your
archive using the ‘Search Archive’ button.
DocLook Merge Folder and the DocLook Reach Archive can
be seen opposite. The DocLook Reach folder is a copy of how
the user has their archive set up on the network, or on The
Cloud. If the user has tried to search for an email, the Search
Folder is displayed at the bottom.
Connecting to, or setting up an archive
Streaming a folder
Local and Network Search
DocLook Merge Mail Folder
Integrating with Orinoco DFS
• Click the Add Archive button in the DocLook Reach Tab
• Select the location where the archive is stored
• To create a new archive, click the ‘Make New Folder’ button
• The archive is now mirrored under the DocLook Reach Folder
• Select the mail(s) that are to be archived
• Simply drag and drop them into the required folder in DocLook
• DocLook Reach works by mirroring the files from the server.
• When a folder is clicked, DocLook Reach streams the mirrored
emails in from the server
• If another folder is clicked, DocLook Reach empties the first
folder first, and then streams the required emails in
• If there are large volumes of emails in a folder, rather than
streaming all the emails which may take some time, the user has
strong search capabilities in DocLook Reach
• Select ‘Search Archive’ in the DocLook Reach tab
• Enter keywords for what is being searched
• The Search results are displayed in the Search Folder
• For a more detailed search the user can use the local search,
which will also searches the body of the emails, making it quick
and easy to find a specific email
• DocLook Merge Mail is a folder which combines the user’s inbox
& sent items. Only emails which are part of a ‘conversation’ are
considered in this folder
• By sorting this folder by ‘subject’, the user can now see the full
history of a certain topic, which now makes filing this topic in
DocLook Reach even quicker
• DocLook Reach integrates seamlessly with Orinoco DFS, so the
user can easily file attachments from emails directly into Orinoco,
giving the user a full solution for both document & email
• When an email with attachments is opened, there is a button
giving the user the option to send their attachments to Orinoco
with DocLook Reach Email Management
For More information please contact:
Digital Onesource Consulting Solutions