At the end of the lesson, student should be able:
• Explain the definition of Hacksaw.
• Recognized each part of Hacksaw.
• State functions of Hacksaw.
• Determine the appropriate way using a Hacksaw.
BASED ON THE VIDEO GIVEN, WHY
THIS PROBLEMS OCCURRED?
• You have the blade in wrong.
• You are not using sharp blade
• The number of teeth is to low for the project.
• You are putting too much pressure on the
• You don’t clamp the work.
“Practice Make Perfect”
How to properly & safety use a
• General Hand Protection When Using a Hacksaw
• General Eye Protection When Using a Hacksaw
• Holding the hacksaw Correctly
• Safety With Materials
• Cutting Effectively and Safely
• Safe Storage and Care of Hacksaws
Hacksaw Safety Tips
• Choose the correct blade for the material being cut.
• Secure the blade with the teeth pointing forward.
• Keep the blade rigid and the frame properly aligned.
• Cut using strong, steady strokes directed away from you.
• Use the entire length of the blade in each cutting stroke.
• Keep saw blades clean, and use light machine oil on the
blade to keep it from overheating and breaking.
• Cut harder materials more slowly than soft materials.
• Clamp thin, flat pieces that require edge cutting.
• If you’re cutting pipe, always secure it in a vise before
Step 1. Determine which blade you will use to cut the material.
Step 2. Insert the blade so that the teeth are pointing forward.
Step 3. Tighten the thumbscrew until u can’t turn it with your hand
• You should work in the vice so that as many
teeth as possible are in contact with the
• You should orientate the work so that you are
cutting vertically toward the floor.