Successfully reported this slideshow.
We use your LinkedIn profile and activity data to personalize ads and to show you more relevant ads. You can change your ad preferences anytime.

Deep Web - what to do and what not to do

2,441 views

Published on

Deep Web - what to do and what not to do

Published in: Technology
  • Be the first to comment

Deep Web - what to do and what not to do

  1. 1. DEEP WEB WHAT TO DO ‘N’ WHAT NOT TO DO
  2. 2. root@topdeepweb:$> cat whoami.txt [+] AJAY KUMAR [+] [+] INDEPENDENT SECURITY RESEARCHER [+] [+] DEEP WEB ENTHUISIAT AND RESEARCHER [+] [+] YET TO BE AN ENGINEER [+] [+] Find my research works on 0xmalweb.online [+]
  3. 3. WHAT IS DEEP WEB ?
  4. 4. The deep web or invisible web or hidden webare parts of the World Wide Web whose contents are not indexed by standard search engines for any reason
  5. 5. WONDER WHAT IT IS ? • Deep web contains 75% of the total world wide web • Only remaining 25% is Surface web (which includes Facebook , Twitter , Google etc) • The most popular search engine GOOGLE can search only 18% of the SURFACE WEB • In the sense , only 18% of the surface web is indexed by google
  6. 6. Levels Of web SURFACE WEB: The web that the vast majority of internet users are connected to. Accessible in any nation that does not block internet access. E.g: Social media sites like Facebook, informational websites like Wikipedia, general websites, etc. BERGIE WEB: The layer of the Surface Web that is blocked in some nations. Some other information is only accessible through illegal means. E.g: Google locked results, recently web crawled old content, pirated media, pornography etc
  7. 7. Levels Of Web (contd…) DEEPWEB: Requires special software or proxy to access (TOR).Contains most of the archived web pages of the 1990s Web that did not renew their domain names and such.E.g: Government/Business Research, Hackers, ScriptKiddies, Virus Information, Illegal and Obscene Content (CP, Gore, Suicides, etc…) CHARTER WEB: It is like the regular deep web, but harder to get into and more illegal content. Advanced covert government research, most of the internet black market (run on bitcoins), Human/Arms/Drug/Rare Animal Trafficking, Assassination Networks , illegal game hunting, line of blood locations, more banned obscene content like CP, Gore, etc.
  8. 8. Levels Of Web (contd…) • MARIANAS WEB: Lowest known level of the Deep Web. Named after the Spanish Technician who created it. It is extremely difficult to access, users say it is the safest part of the internet due to the privacy. Julian Assange and other top-level Wikileaks members are believed to have access.
  9. 9. Do Deep Web Is Really Illegal? If So what actually the Deep Web contains to call it Illegal
  10. 10. SPAMMERS / SOCIAL ENGINEERERS / DOXERS
  11. 11. SECURE YOURSELF RED ROOMS / SUICIDAL FORUMS
  12. 12. FBI / GOVERNMENT
  13. 13. TERRORISM
  14. 14. HITMAN / CONTRACT KILLERS
  15. 15. HACKERS
  16. 16. ILLEGAL DRUGS
  17. 17. GOVERNMENT DATA
  18. 18. But Not Everything In Deep Web Is Illegal
  19. 19. Researchers from Terbium Labs claim to have found evidence that 50% of the deep web contents are legal
  20. 20. 50% 13% 11% 9% 4% 3% 3% 2%2%1%1%1% Deep Web legal Drugs Multiple other categories (illicit) Site Down Other illicit activity Explicit Fraud Pharmaceuticals Hacking & Exploits Downloadable Exploitation Extremisum
  21. 21. What Legal Things Do Deep Web Contains ??
  22. 22. Galaxy 2
  23. 23. Freedom Of Press
  24. 24. Sigaint Mail Services
  25. 25. Forums
  26. 26. Ebooks / Tutorials
  27. 27. History Archives
  28. 28. 0 Day Exploits and Data Dumps
  29. 29. Secure Yourself While Accessing Deep Web
  30. 30. • Manual settings For Tor Browser go for about:config and make sure javascript.enabled and geo.enabled is set to false
  31. 31. • Disable Javascript using No script addon too • Disable or Uninstall all addons except HTTPS Everywhere • Try to change tor circuit and network over a period of time manually • Donot download any files directly from the Deep Web • Donot open any links directly from Deep Web in surface web • Use PGP to chat or mail with someone on Deep Web • Use unique username for each and every forums you visit • Don’t use same usernames while using IRC or on surface web • Avoid using .to and .link (tor2web services) • Try to use tor in a dedicated system (tail live os )
  32. 32. “Anonymity does not mean criminality” Privacy Matters In Deep Web , Don’t loose it to morons
  33. 33. QUESTIONS ?
  34. 34. Thank you

×