we are a design studio made up of some very different creative minds.
We are not afraid to try new things to produce uniquely crafted work. [DEC]
Our practice is people, we know how to work with each other and our clients. Collaborating well together constantly is what makes great work.
We are always open to new challenges and are constantly seeking to increase our knowledge, experience and skills through tackling the unexpected.
Here at Bracket we are not held back by trends and styles, but make each project with a strong foundation of conceptual understanding, so that your message is communicated as effectively as possible.
We work with our clients, rather than for them. We focus on close communication from the start, to create work that both the client and their audience love.
We foster this relationship between ourselves and our clients through creative exercises and art therapy, so that our clients understand the value of the work they’re paying for.
We don’t like showing you the door when we’re done. We aim to set up a relationship with our client network that lasts.
We are a relatively small studio and like to focus on a few projects at any one time, so that our ideals of quality not quantity are explicitly exercised.
We sweat the details so you don't have to: we care about the small things so that the big things work.
We consider the consequences of each of our designs and use ethical consideration to try and improve the world with our work, and not simply feed a consumer beast.
Elaborate on roles
Elaborate on roles
Benefits - train station City Center - entertaining clients - near hotels -
Check this for more inspiration > https://uk.pinterest.com/DeclanBell63/studio-inspiration/
The start-up cost is over estimated as to account for any variables.
Reasons for choice:
Equality of members Separate Entity Company Everyone’s equally responsible
Hungry Sandwich club said talking to people was the best method
focus on bold parts. (billie?)
We only have the studio for three years. Move to a bigger studio.
[Bracket] presentation For PPP Module Year 2
[WE ARE BRACKET]
We are Bracket, and we want to support your creative venture, no matter how big or how small.
We want to foster collaboration, communication and creativity. So, let's make this work.
[WHAT WE BELIEVE]
Unique / People / Collaboration / Challenge / Quality / Communication / Detail
Here at Bracket we celebrate our differences and always play to our strengths.
Our roles are allocated from brief to brief depending on what is needed.
But we’re all individuals as designers and that what makes us different...
£40 p/h Rate - Total Brief
Aim to have ~3 briefs at one time
If we achieved this we would be earning:
Minus costs: £25000 p/m
£4166,66 each p/m
[Minus putting money back into the business]
£40 p/h Rate
If we had 1 brief at one time
If we had this we would be earning:
Minus costs: £7080 p/m
£1180 each p/m
We are a Limited Liability Partnership
Equal % Ownership
We’re all Designated Members but take responsibility for accounts on a rotation
Equal Account Responsibilities - eg. Cheques
[WHAT WE DO]
What is needed… from identities to curation
Our eclectic team allows us to be flexible
Target market develops with us...
Small independent Leeds-based companies to start with, developing to national
and international as we gather experience and recognition.
Ethical Clients [we will say no if we are uncomfortable with the job]
Events in Leeds
Working alongside existing creative places
Fostering client relationships from one brief to the next
Twitter / Instagram / Tumblr / Behance
Each platform will be the job of a different person but with joint accounts
[THE DENSE STUFF]
TERMS & CONDITIONS
● Any material provided by the client must be fully copyrighted and all legalities must be addressed. If this is not done all liability transfers to the
client and not the studio. If a client provides materials that are copyrighted by a third party, [Bracket] are not liable for voiding copyright.
● 50% of total Bill will be payed up front at the signing of the client contract, or within three days of signing.
● Any changes after the designs are agreed will incur additional costs.
● Copyright will be released when full and final payment is received, if agreed in contract. If not, additional costs will incur.
● The client will be responsible for the timely making of decisions to allow for the progression of a project.
● Final proof reading is the responsibility of the client. Any mistakes that incur extra charges will be passed on to the client.
● [Bracket] have the right to reproduce, publish and display the work for self promotion and advertisement.
● If work produced for a client is used in any way aside from what is agreed in contract, copyright is void and we retain the rights to ownership.
● By agreeing, clients acknowledge that we are able to work with more than one client at a time
● Errors, such as misspelling, editorial errors are the responsibility of the client. Augmentation of costs to fix these errors will be incurred, the cost will
be paid by the client.
● After presenting the proposal to the client it will be active for 30 days. If client does not engage, the proposal may be subject to change.
● Any additional costs outside and after the proposal/contract agreement will be billed to client.
● Unless specified in original signed proposal client shall pay fees for changes
● Invoices must be paid within 15 days of receipt. Some circumstances may require deposit.
● Project end; all deliverables are deemed complete once signed off verbally or in writing.
● If contact with the client is not heard within 30 days after project end without explanation, then the project is deemed complete and satisfactory
● No liability will be placed on [Bracket] if client loses data and/or work is damaged in transit.
● Relationship may be terminated by either parties immediately.
● (a) Client shall pay expenses up to termination point (kill fee)
● All rights and obligation stay valid upon termination
[AIMS AND ASPIRATIONS]
Initially making enough money to keep going...
Helping independent companies flourish, making Leeds a better place.
Eventually working with international clients but always work locally as well
Not limiting what we do
Making work that excites and enthuses us always with an eye on the ethical
No plans to expand the team, there is enough of us already but we may need more space