Pharmacy to Kennedy Construction Liaison Committee Meeting
Pharmacy-Kennedy CLC Meeting
September 25, 2018
• Old concrete removal at Kennedy Station
• New street light installation and civil works underway between Victoria Park Avenue and Pharmacy
• Excavation complete for Wilson Brook Culvert Stage 1 installation
• Stage 1 decks poured on Celestica Bridge
• Dry utility upgrades in Section 2 (DVP to Victoria Park) and Section 3 (Victoria Park to Birchmount)
• Mid-block median removals have resumed; Intersection work continues.
• Installation of temporary signals complete between Leslie Street and Kennedy Station.
• Road widening slated to start between Victoria Park Avenue to Kennedy Road
• Stage 1 Traffic installation from Victoria Park to Birchmount Road
Progress to Date
• Utility upgrades and relocations (THESL and telecom) continue between Pharmacy
and Birchmount and within the Kennedy Station zone of influence (ZOI).
• Wet utility upgrades and relocations continue within the Kennedy Station ZOI and
Section 4 (Rosemount to Kennedy).
• Wet utility upgrades in Section 3 (Victoria Park to Birchmount).
• Road works from Victoria Park to Pharmacy
• Green wall excavation and construction at E.T. Seton Park
• Eglinton Avenue road widening continues.
• Road construction within the East Portal
• Support of excavation for the Kennedy Portal/Station Box and tail track underway.
• TTC: West Ped Tunnel, East Ped Tunnel, TPSS; Support of excavation activities
within TTC ZOI underway.
• Reconstruction of Massey and Wilson Brook Creek Culverts.
• GO: GIMP Monitoring, SOE at Tail Track- North East platform, Rebar, formwork,
concrete at West Platform.
• Bridge rehabilitations: East Don River, Wynford and Celestica bridges.
• Ongoing utility upgrades and relocations: Toronto Hydro relocations, Wet
utility relocations (water, sanitary sewer, storm sewer) and telecom on
Eglinton Avenue East and within the TTC ZOI.
• Start construction of the guideway, intersection works, and road widening.
• Stage 6 Traffic installation- Kennedy Station
• GO East Platform restoration, inspection and open to public
• Bus loop rehabilitation : Kennedy –Main Station Box
• Stage 7A Traffic installation –Science Centre
What’s coming in 2018
Wilson Brook Culvert- Future Sloane Stop
As part of the ongoing works to build the LRT system along Eglinton Avenue, work on the
Wilson Brook Culvert will be taking place on the south and north side of Eglinton Avenue in
front of 1730 Eglinton Avenue East. This work is began as early as Wednesday, August 16 and
will continue to December 15, 2018.
Crews will be building a temporary storm drain line, as well as excavating and replacing the
storm water culvert under Eglinton Ave East.
Storm & Sanitary relocation work in the vicinity of
Ionview Road and Kennedy Road
Ongoing storm and sanitary relocation work from Ionview to Kennedy is approaching
completion and along with the remaining manhole connections the work is expected to
be completed within a month and half.
Support of Excavation at Kennedy Station: Current Stage
In early April 2018, crews started support of excavation (SOE) work - also known as shoring -
for the future Kennedy Station. Currently SOE is underway on both the east and west sides of
Shoring will be conducted in phases. The entire shoring process will take approximately
twelve (12) months.
Current traffic staging at Kennedy
Road and Eglinton Avenue East.
SOE Works at Kennedy GO Station Platform
To facilitate these improvements, installation of support of excavation are also being made to
the GO Transit Stouffville Corridor at Kennedy GO Station started as early as Saturday,
September 8, 2018.
Work will take approximately three (3) months to complete.
What to Expect in 2018
Kennedy Station: Summer/Fall 2018
Construction Progress Pictures
Rebar work Storm & Sanitary installation
Construction Progress Pictures
Road widening Traffic Light work