Progress to Date
• First series of grading and paving operations at Eglinton Square- south of Eglinton
Avenue East completed late October – early November.
• Guideway construction between Victoria Park Avenue and Pharmacy Avenue broke
ground in November 2018.
• First of a series of weekend through access restrictions between Victoria Park Avenue
and Birchmount Road occurred in November 2018 at Eglinton Square. There was a
partial restriction to accommodate wet utility work.
• First series of duct bank pour for guideway between Eglinton Square and Pharmacy
Avenue took place on January 25, 2019.
• Activities Underway
• Utility upgrades and relocations (THESL and telecom).
• Wet utility upgrades and relocations continue with the removal and replacement of
catch basins and manholes.
• Road widening, civil road work and utility upgrades continues from Victoria Park
Avenue to Birchmount Road.
• Guideway construction between Victoria Park Avenue and Pharmacy Avenue.
East-At Grade: Progress to Date and Activities Underway
• Ongoing utility upgrades and relocations: Toronto Hydro relocations, Wet
utility relocations (water, sanitary sewer, storm sewer) and telecom on
Eglinton Avenue East.
• Weekend through access prohibitions –right in, right out between Victoria
Park Avenue and Birchmount Road.
The series started in November will continue into 2019. More details to follow
• Guideway reconstruction work Pharmacy Avenue to Ionview Road
• Massey Creek Culvert re-construction work to begin in February 2019
What’s coming in 2019
Massey Creek Culvert Reconstruction
Beginning as early as February 2019 and lasting for approximately six (6) months ,
crews will be reconstructing the Massey Creek Culvert in close proximity to
Preparatory work includes dewatering of wells and deep excavation. Crews will be
excavating nine and half (9.5) meters deep and replacing the storm water culvert
What to expect:
• A minimum of one lane of traffic in each directions.
• Traffic will be shifted to the north.
• Temporary bus platforms will be provided.
East At-Grade – Construction
Civil road work- curb
At Grade– 1st concrete
duct bank pour -
Wet utilities –wet
tap lead NE
Progress to Date
• Latest traffic flip implemented on January 26, 2019 this phase will last until end of May 2019.
• GO East platform restoration closed to completion. Joint inspection and meeting with GO and CTSC
late January 2019. The GO East platform is slated to be hand over to GO on February 2, 2019.
• Storm and Sanitary activities as well as support of excavation (SOE) at the West Intersection is
• Utility upgrades and relocations (THESL and telecom) within the Kennedy Station zone of influence
• Wet utility upgrades and relocations continue within the Kennedy Station ZOI .
• Support of excavation for the Kennedy Portal and Main Station Box and tail track underway.
• TTC: West Ped Tunnel, East Ped Tunnel, TPSS; Support of excavation activities within TTC ZOI
underway, SRT underpinning activities.
• GO: GIMP Monitoring, SOE at Tail Track- North East platform, Rebar, formwork, concrete at West
Kennedy Station: Progress to Date and Activities underway
Current Staging: Kennedy Station
Closure of the south sidewalk along
Eglinton Avenue East between
Kennedy Road and Midland Avenue
in November in support of
excavation and utility relocations.
• The sidewalk will remain closed
until December 2020.
Current Traffic Staging at Kennedy Road and Eglinton
The current traffic configuration at Kennedy Station was implemented January 26,2019. This
phase is expected to last until the end of May 2019.
• The north-south crosswalk on the west side
of Kennedy Road and Eglinton Avenue East
intersection will be closed for the duration of
• The crosswalks on the north, south, and east
side of the intersection will remain open for
the duration of this stage.
• Temporary sidewalk access to Kennedy
Station only located at the south side of
Kennedy Road, pedestrians will need to cross
to north side to continue on Eglinton Avenue
• A minimum of two lanes of traffic in each
direction on Eglinton Avenue East will be
• One through lane southbound traffic on
Kennedy Road will be maintained.
• Left turn restrictions westbound at Ionview
Road and Eglinton Avenue East.
• New traffic signals will be installed 160m
east of Kennedy Road and Eglinton Avenue
Kennedy Station-Construction Progress Photos
Newly refurbished East GO Platform
Portal wall pour