Science Centre Station
• Achieved milestone with the completion of all piling. 637 in total.
• Milestone : decking at the intersection is done.
• First four tunnel roofs pour completed.
• First section of station mud slab pour completed.
• B4 invert pour completed.
• Bulk excavation continues toward the intersection in the West Portal and East Portal
• Excavation of the bus terminal.
• Support of the final hydro duct banks.
• Lagging and tie backs are ongoing in the east and west portal.
• Excavation under the decking is ongoing.
• Traffic Reconfiguration to Stage 7a to begin below-grade main station excavation
(below intersection). 7a expected early October opens the intersection.
• Concrete work to the Main Entrance.
• Completion of wet utility relocation.
Upcoming Traffic Configuration at Science Centre Station
Upcoming traffic stage at Science Centre Station to be implemented October 2018.
crosswalk on the east
side of the
intersection will be
reopen for the
duration of this set
Science Centre Station: Progress
Roof at the intersection.
Mudslab pour in the Bus Terminal At Grade portion
Brentcliffe Portal to O’Connor Stop
West At-Grade (Brentcliffe Portal to O’Connor Stop) –
• SOE and Road work continues at the Brentcliffe Portal.
• Area 12 excavation and construction of Green wall continues.
• Curb and concrete paving for road southeast of East Portal begins early
• Waterproofing and backfill on roof between Areas 6 & 8 to begin late
• Upcoming traffic flip east bound by the beginning of November.
• Wilson Brook Creek culvert work continues- excavation and shoring
• Upcoming south side traffic flips at East Don River and Wynford Bridges
• Dry utility works (telecom and THESL) continue.
• Upcoming watermain work at Swift Drive (Credit Union Drive) between
Wynford Drive and Bermondsey Road to begin late October-November.
• Wet utilities upgrades along surface continues.
• Civils works in support of road widening underway along Eglinton Avenue
East between Victoria Park Avenue and Eglinton Square.
West At-Grade: Wilson Brook Culvert Work Begins East of
Future Sloane Stop
As part of the ongoing works to build the LRT system along Eglinton
Avenue, work on the Wilson Brook Culvert will be taking place on the
south and north side of Eglinton Avenue East in front of 1730
Eglinton Avenue East. This commenced on Wednesday, August 16,
2018. Work is expected to take approximately four (4) months to
Traffic Changes from Victoria Park Avenue to Birchmount
Road to support surface section work
As part of construction of the future surface alignment for the Eglinton Crosstown LRT, crews conducted
traffic changes in order to accommodate road widening, upgrading and relocating wet utilities and dry
utilities along Victoria Park Avenue to Birchmount Road on Friday, September 21st. This configuration is
expected to remain in place for approximately six (6)months.
•Permitted hours are 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m., seven (7) days per week.
•The contractor may not always work during the permitted hours, but may do so at its discretion.
•Work may be rescheduled due to weather conditions or unforeseen circumstances
•Temporary sidewalks will be provided.
•Signage will be in place to direct pedestrians to alternate routes.
•Temporary bus platforms will be provided at affected TTC bus stops.
•All left-turns to and from commercial properties along Eglinton Avenue East will be restricted for the
duration of this work.
•All left-turns at major intersections will be maintained.
•A minimum of two (2) lanes of traffic in each direction will be maintained.
•Please watch for traffic and construction signage.
•As always, please take care when travelling near work sites.
New Street Light Installation, Rolling sidewalk closures
and Civil Work on Eglinton Avenue East
• New street lights will be installed along the north and south side of Eglinton Avenue
East between Victoria Park Avenue and Pharmacy Avenue
– Work began as early as Monday, August 27, 2018 with anticipated completion date
– Work will be performed between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
• Rolling Sidewalk Closures for Civil Road Work from Victoria Park Avenue to Pharmacy
– Work began as early as Tuesday, September 18, 2018 and will last for approximately eight (8)
– Work will be performed between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 11:00 p.m., Monday through