The webinar will provide an update on Crossref's Similarity Check service (formerly CrossCheck) and will cover:
-Current service statistics
-Indexing method upgrade
-Upcoming iThenticate developments
4. What is Similarity Check?
A service powered by the iThenticate technology that is offered by
Crossref to it’s qualifying members.
1. Software that analyses and compares text
2. Database of content to check text against
8. 2. Similary Check state of play
Over 1100 users
52 million full-text content items indexed
Average 326,046 manuscripts screened
9. 3. Indexing upgrade
Indexing via full-text URLs you provide in your DOI XML is faster,
safer and more comprehensive that other methods.
10. Key benefits of a single method
Reduced traffic to publisher servers
Reduced margin for error and simplified
Quicker turnaround on indexing with
Daily ingest, better than monthly!
11. Deposit as-crawled URLs in
your existing DOI XML by
31st Dec 2016
… and please remember to include this link in all your new DOI deposits
13. How to enable as-crawled indexing
14. Submit your links via the Web Deposit Form
Use resource-only update to add links into existing DOIs in bulk via a single .csv upload
15. Remember to ensure your hosting domain whitelists Turinitin’s IP range:
Full technical instructions available on Crossref’s Help Site http://help.crossref.org/similaritycheck
Is your content subscription-
16. Key points to remember
• Deposit full-text URLs in existing DOIs by 31st Dec 2016
• Include full-text URL in all new DOI deposits
• Check your Depositor_Journals report
• Whitelist Turnitin’s full IP range
• Let me know when you’re done!
• Need help? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or read
our Help guide http://help.crossref.org/similaritycheck
17. 4. iThenticate developments
User Interface can now be translated into
additional languages: German, French,
Italian, Spanish (Latin American),
Portuguese (Brazilian), Dutch, Simplified
and Traditional Chinese.
September – November 2016
New submission service
Improvements to the User Interface