• They can be unicellular or multicelular.
• A virus is not a micro-organism. It causes infectious
• Is not a livig thing but it needs cells to carry out its life
• Pathogenic micro-organismis can enter in our
bodies in different ways:
o Through the respiratory system.
o Through the digestive system.
o Throuh wounds and cuts.
HOW CAN WE PREVENT INFECTIONS?
• Disinfect wounds.
• Wash our hands before eating or handling
• Wash uncooked food.
• Cover your mouth when you cough or sneeze.
• Do not share eating utensils.
Vaccines introduce into our bodies the microorganisms or virus that is making us ill.
The body reacts to the virus and produces
substances to destroy it .
HOW DO WE TREAT
• Infections caused by bacteria are treated with
• Infections caused by fungi are treated with
• Infections caused by viruses are only treated
with medicines that help to reduce