ISO 9001 HINTS AND
TIPS FOR APPROVAL
CAW Consultancy Business Solutions Ltd
Affordable Consultancy with a twist.....
ISO 9001 OVERVIEW
• ISO 9001 – This is the British Standard for Quality and is internationally recognised,
governed by six main procedures and is document/Evidence driven, a great
accreditation to ensure that your company operates at a consistantly high
standard(AVAILABLE FROM JUST T £450)
THE FIRST STEPS
• Create a documented system to manage your operations and meet legislation and laws for
your sector of operations.
• Screening of all employees to required standard as per sector (including training and
induction paperwork). (Available as an outsource service for just £55.00 per file)
• Complete all site/client files keep one on site and one at head office (including contract, risk
assessment, site survey and assignment instructions, quote and estimate paperwork etc
dependent on what sector you’re in with site induction evidence and copy of insurance).
• Complete Data capture for example employee feedback, consumer feedback, mystery
shopper feedback and site audits.
• Ensure you have a purchase order system, policies & procedures that are required and also
documentation to manage your equipment etc.
• Also ensure you have a registered Data Controller with the Information Commissioners Office.
HOW DO YOU KNOW YOU ARE
READY FOR YOUR EXTERNAL AUDIT?
• Once you have all your paperwork in order, data capture complete,
application form completed and self assessment workbook submitted then
you would have a third party conduct full internal audits and management
review. This allows you to obtain a complete mock audit and overview of
your operational procedures against required standards
WHO CAN COMPLETE MY
There are many types of accreditation bodies in the UK, both UKAS and non UKAS
registered, and they charge a variety of prices, shop around, here are a few
• ISOQUAR (CAW CONSULTANCY CLIENTS RECEIVE A £50 DISCOUNT WITH ISOQUAR)
IF YOU HAVE ANY PROBLEMS AT
• Do not panic, just answer honestly and remember you are applying for a voluntary scheme
so they want you to hold the accreditation as much as you do.
• Most auditors will help you get the end result you’re trying to achieve, remember they see
lots of businesses so can share a lot of good practices.
• Its not as hard as most consultants make out, they do this to make you think you need to
see them regular, a good consultant will only need to see you once or twice per year.