HOW TO USE?
Learn how to use Google Webmaster Tools to
increase your search engine.
What is it?
A set of tools and resources designed to help
the website owners monitor and analyze their
website to make it as search engine and user
friendly as possible.
Click on the link to know How To Setup Google
Webmaster Tool .
WHAT REPORTS IT SHOW YOU?
Search Queries Report:
◦ It shows top keywords your site is ranking for and which ones lead to the most click throughs to your site.
External Links Report:
◦ It summarizes statistics on the sites are linking to your web pages i.e. which pages have the highest external
links, the phrases on your page that others are linking.
◦ It shows you what keywords your site is showing up for in search results.
Internal Links Report:
◦ It shows you the amount of links within your site from one page to another. Why is it important? It helps
visitors explore more sections of your site.
Subscriber Stats Report:
◦ It shows you how many people use Google’s RSS reader to receive alerts when something new is added to
It discover the following errors that Google encountered when indexing and crawling your site.
◦ URLs not found.
◦ Crawl errors
◦ HTML suggestions.
◦ URLs restricted by robots.txt
◦ Unreachable URLS
◦ HTTP errors
◦ URLs timed out
◦ Crawl stats for the past 90 days.
TRACKING YOUR WEBSITE THROUGH
Step 1 : signup for a Google accounts. Then Sign
in to Google Webmaster Tools.
ADDING THE SITE TO THE TOOL:
Step 2 : On the homepage, click “Add a site” and
enter your URL
Step 3 : Verification. You need to verify that the
site is yours via the recommended method.
Now you will be able to access Google