EVALUATION QUESTION 4
HOW DID YOU USE NEW MEDIA TECHNOLOGIES IN THE CONSTRUCTION
AND RESEARCH, PLANNING AND EVALUATION STAGES?
BLOGGER AND ONLINE SOFTWARE
• Blogger is a web based technology that allows my work to be accessed by a variety of different
audiences. it is a method that allows me to publish my work myself. My work can be presented in a
variety of different ways, examples of these include the blog post themselves, Prezi presentations and
• Prezi is an example of online software that I used during my planning and analysis stage alongside other
features including SlideShare and SoundCloud. This software allowed me to present my work to the
audience in a variety of different ways. Prezi was useful in analysing covers of newspapers as it allowed
me to create an interactive presentation rather than just the standard Microsoft PowerPoint.
SoundCloud was useful throughout my project as it allowed me to great regular podcasts informing my
audience of the stages I’m at and what else needs to be completed.
STILL CAMERAS, PHOTOSHOP AND INDESIGN
• A still camera was paramount to my project as a whole, this is because still images were key to my
project as not only did they feature on the main product they also did on one of my ancillary tasks –
• I've used Photoshop and InDesign previously so I used this year to improve on my skills, I focussed more
on using the quick selection tool more precisely in comparison to other years. I’ve only used InDesign
once before which was on the AS element of the course, so in comparison to last year I felt a lot more
confident using the software. InDesign allowed my product to look more like my style model when
creating my Page 2. this is because unlike Photoshop it created columns that were suitable for the
page, which is something that Photoshop wouldn’t do.
AUDACITY, GARAGEBAND AND USB MICS
• I used the following features to create the Radio Advert for my ancillary tasks. These were all new
features to me and I didn’t have knowledge on the features of each and how they worked. However, as
a whole I believe that they created a high quality radio advert.
• The USB microphone explains itself in what I was using it for, I used it to record those who were
featuring on my Radio Advert. I would connect the microphone to a laptop computer and use the
recording rooms in school to record the voice samples into audacity. Audacity was used as software to
record the voice samples for my radio advert. Once I had all my voice samples I would use GarageBand
to arrange the tracks into the format I wanted, I also altered the volume of each track to a suitable level
so I would be able to hear the individual speaking as well as the backing track.