Italy

738 views

Published on

Published in: Travel, News & Politics
0 Comments
0 Likes
Statistics
Notes
  • Be the first to comment

  • Be the first to like this

No Downloads
Views
Total views
738
On SlideShare
0
From Embeds
0
Number of Embeds
1
Actions
Shares
0
Downloads
8
Comments
0
Likes
0
Embeds 0
No embeds

No notes for slide
  • \n
  • \n
  • \n
  • \n
  • \n
  • \n
  • \n
  • \n
  • \n
  • \n
  • Italy

    1. 1. Why is Italy’s sweet flagtherewhite?-BoteWhy does it have Red is lame they should green? turn it to pink. -Laaaazy -Pink
    2. 2. Their map looks like this :)OMG Italy is shaped like a boot
    3. 3. WOW!! That’s romantic They are lucky they get to live in the middle of the ocean!! I wanna ridethrough town in one of those!!!
    4. 4. Physical FeaturesItaly has many mountains, like the one right on their border. Theyalso are right on the coast so they have many coastal plains. Theircoastline is 7,600 km since they are a peninsula. Parts of their citiesare built on water so they use little boats to get around sometimes.Italy finally has many mines for things like coal, zinc, and mercury.
    5. 5. Culture/People Most of the people in Italyspeak Italian. 90% of Italians are Roman Catholic. The other 10% are otherpractices. Their death rate is 10 people per 1000. Finally their population growth is -0.075%.
    6. 6. ITaly’s EconomyItaly has a industrial economy, which isdivided into a developed industrial north.Dominated by private companies, and aless-developed,depends on welfare,culture south, and has highunemployment. The Italian economy isdriven by the manufacture of high-quality consumer goods, many of themfamily owned. Italy also has a sizableunderground economy, which by someestimates accounts for as much as 15%of GDP, GDP stands for Gross DomesticProduct.
    7. 7. Government Italy’s government is known as a republic. Italy has never had to change their government. Sincethey are a republic theitr ruler is a prime minister. Their constitution was passed December 11, 1947, but was passed January 1, 1948. Italy has a diplomatic representation in the United States.
    8. 8. History Italy joined the They got their economic and monetaryindependence in 1869. union in 1999. Italy lost World War II due to aneighbor country in alliance with Nazi Germany.
    9. 9. Main QuestionTheir geography has influenced many things. Sincethey were so close to Germany they were involved in many wars. All over the coastal lines were fishermen. They also had much rain so they had fertile soil for farming. Being around the others countries they could exchange easily.
    10. 10. Sourcescia.gov

    ×