Italy

402 views

Published on

Published in: Travel, News & Politics
0 Comments
0 Likes
Statistics
Notes
  • Be the first to comment

  • Be the first to like this

No Downloads
Views
Total views
402
On SlideShare
0
From Embeds
0
Number of Embeds
1
Actions
Shares
0
Downloads
4
Comments
0
Likes
0
Embeds 0
No embeds

No notes for slide

Italy

  1. 1. Italy’s sweet flag Why does it have green? -Laaaazy Why is there white? -Bote Red is lame they should turn it to pink. -Pink
  2. 2. OMG Italy is shaped like a boot Their map looks like this :)
  3. 3. I wanna ride through town in one of those!!! They are lucky they get to live in the middle of the ocean!! WOW!! That’s romantic
  4. 4. <ul><li>Italy has many mountains, like the one right on their border. They also are right on the coast so they have many coastal plains. Their coastline is 7,600 km since they are a peninsula. Parts of their cities are built on water so they use little boats to get around sometimes. Italy finally has many mines for things like coal, zinc, and mercury. </li></ul>Physical Features
  5. 5. Culture/People Most of the people in Italy speak Italian. 90% of Italians are Roman Catholic. The other 10% are other practices. Their death rate is 10 people per 1000. Finally their population growth is -0.075% .
  6. 6. ITaly’s Economy <ul><li>Italy has a industrial economy, which is divided into a developed industrial north. Dominated by private companies, and a less-developed,depends on welfare, culture south, and has high unemployment. The Italian economy is driven by the manufacture of high-quality consumer goods, many of them family owned. Italy also has a sizable underground economy, which by some estimates accounts for as much as 15% of GDP, GDP stands for Gross Domestic Product. </li></ul>
  7. 7. Government Italy’s government is known as a republic. Italy has never had to change their government. Since they are a republic theitr ruler is a prime minister. Their constitution was passed December 11, 1947, but was passed January 1, 1948. Italy has a diplomatic representation in the United States.
  8. 8. History They got their independence in 1869. Italy lost World War II due to a neighbor country in alliance with Nazi Germany. Italy joined the economic and monetary union in 1999.
  9. 9. Main Question Their geography has influenced many things. Since they were so close to Germany they were involved in many wars. All over the coastal lines were fishermen. They also had much rain so they had fertile soil for farming. Being around the others countries they could exchange easily.
  10. 10. Sources cia.gov

×