Successfully reported this slideshow.
Your Opinion Counts
Topic: School Violence
Purpose: This survey is being administered to collect information about how
people feel in relation to the violence in schools skyrocketing more than ever before.
It’s to see if they are aware of how much violence has been occurring, if they are
concerned by the increase in school violence, and what they think the reason is for
the violence. The target group is students and parents ages 20-60. A team of school
social workers from elementary, middle school, high school, and universities are
collecting the survey feedback to gather information of how parents, students and
teachers feel about the increase in school violence. They want to develop new
techniques to handle people’s fears. They also want to implement new programs in
the educational settings that they hope will help to lower school violence statistics.
The survey results would be shared with administrators.
This important 14-question anonymous survey will only take 5-10 minutes
to complete but could make a difference in helping to lower school violence rates.
Thank you for your cooperation in regards to this very important matter.
1. What is your age group:
2. What is your sex (Please Circle One):
Male Female Other
3. What is your ethnicity:
Hispanic or Latino
Black or African American
Native American or American Indian
Asian / Pacific Islander
Do not wish to disclose
4. Are you:
Continued on next page…
5. What is your marital status:
Single, never married
6. Are you aware of the increase in school violence rates:
7. Where do you get your information regarding school violence:
Word of Mouth
8. Do you think the situation is under control:
Yes, Under Control
No, Not under control
9. Do you have children that attend school?
9a. If you answered yes to question 9:
Do you fear for your children’s safety when they are in school?
10. What is the age group of students in your household (check all that apply):
5-10 years old
11-15 years old
16-20 years old
20 and above
Continued on next page…
11. How likely do you think it is that school violence can occur in your
12. What do you think the main cause of an increase in school violence is from
(Circle all that you think apply):
For another reason (Please Specify): __________________________
13. Do you think placing metal detectors at school entrances in your school
district would lower the school violence rate:
14. Do you think teachers and administrators should be armed and trained to
handle school violence:
15. Do you think there are enough preventative measures to prevent school
violence (i.e.: awareness, counselor’s, assemblies, programs etc.):
There should be more
There should be less
No change is needed
16. Do you think there should be a community outreach program to extend the
knowledge and awareness to the public about school violence:
Yes, this would probably make a difference
No, I don’t think this would make a difference
17. Please provide a suggestion that could be used in school settings to help
lower the school violence rates:
Thank you for your input with this survey your responses are appreciated!