Elements of an Integrated
Marketing Plan (from 4P’s)
• Establish the prices
• Understand the product (positioning/value
• Who are your customers?
• Develop or prepare your channels
• Promote it!
– Understand who your influencers are
– Direct & indirect
– Consistent look/feel/images throughout campaign
What are you selling & who are you
selling it to?
Understand your buyer: habits, info gathering
Go there & create your materials to reach them
Support the buying cycle
Prepare Your Channels
• Pricing strategy
• How to sell
Who can influence your sale?
Use for thought leadership & promotional activities
How do you get your plan done?
• Make it measurable
• Socialize it
• Get it bought off
• EXECUTE WHILE YOU CAN things
What makes it “integrated”
• Consistent look & feel across all venues
• Consistent messaging & call to actions
• Using all elements to build to goal
What you need:
•Commitment to the process
What you get:
Example: “Blog Central”
Subject Matter Experts
Share ideas, concepts
Repost industry news
Have You Succeeded?
• Sales are one measure
• But what about…external
– Thought leadership
– Invites by analysts/media/events
– Social chatter
– Becoming the norm
– Sales force/s are educated & selling
– Your “ecosystem” (partners, etc.) are engaged
– Pipeline/mindshare is building
– It becomes natural vs an afterthought to offer