UNIVERSITY ALLIANCE www.ﬂoridatechonline.com
TIPS AND TRICKS
10 Things to Remember
When Facilitating an Online Class
• You are the course!
• You set the tone for the class – interact, respond, engage, and
• Your students may be new to online learning so host a live Chat
session to explain your class structure and to offer tips for
• Use the Chat Room to engage your students by hosting live
• Clearly identify how students should submit their papers and
graded assignments (i.e., by e-mails, posting to the Message
• Keep your students motivated! Use Class News to detail the
week’s activities, post motivating messages, etc.
• Encourage your students to ask questions. Post a special
Message Board for “Questions” that the students can use to
pose class-related questions to you and/or their peers.
• Easily e-mail your “Entire Class” any updates or corrections to
the material through Class Roster.
• Remember that most of your students are working
professionals. Be considerate when scheduling your virtual
10. Remember that your students may be located across the
country or across the World. Be clear and consistent when
delivering due dates (i.e., 12:00 AM EST).