• E-mailing is basic being able to send different pieces of information to one another
digitally. This system also allows users to be able to safe guard the e-mails they receive
by keeping it under username and password.
• Along with being able to send messages to one another the user is also able to add
pieces of information they have created over to them such as documents, images and
visual and sound recordings
• Without the use of this system no one will be able to send pieces of information to one
another and everything will have to be copied by hand or when another person needs a
piece of information from someone who is present doing there work digitally.
• IRC stands for internet relay chat. This piece of technology allows users on the internet to
be connected and join in on live discussions that are happening globally and this system
isn’t just limited to a maximum of two users.
• To do this you need to be an IRC client and have internet access. The client will be
running through the computer you’re using and it should be able to send and receive
messages from an IRC server. This server is responsible for ensure that everyone in the
conversation is receive the messages relevant.
• Without the use of systems like this people won’t be able to discuss anything over the
internet and these chat websites will be useless.
• This is term which is mainly used for any online notice board which is where you are able
to leave messages and hopefully over time you will get online responses to solutions you
been trying to solve or you can just read questions which has already been placed on the
and see what other people have said.
• Many websites offer discussion boards where people can share information and there
• Without this people will find it hard to give information to one another and won’t be able to
find answers to there questions so easily.
• This is a social networking method where individuals are able to connect with one another
through there mobile phone or tablet. This only occurs in virtual communities. Different
social networking websites like Facebook and Twitter have mobile apps to give there
users access through there device.
• Without systems such as this people will find it hard to communicate with more than one
person whilst on the move and people won’t be able to communicate with there friends
whilst there at home and there out and about.
• Social networking is being able to group a set of individuals into specific groups. The most
popular place this commonly happens is on the internet.
• As the internet is seen with the most people all over the world on it at any one point
millions of individuals will be looking to meet other people and share information about
• Without the use of online social networking people won’t be able to communicate world
wide and see what’s happening in different places around the world as important
information could be told around the world.