Donna can just wrap up… Or jeni… whatever seems natural in the moment..
CBSS Advisory Committee Meeting - Spring 2017
BEYOND SIGHT AND SOUND
Advisory Committee Meeting
May 12, 2017
I. Welcome, Introductions & Update Roster
II. Connections –
Updates from CBSS
Around the State
III. Presentations: 2016-17 Mini-grant Recipients
IV. Guest Speaker: Update on HR 1120
Barbara Raimondo, Esq.
V. Guest Speakers: “Tales from the Oonaverse”
Sara Swetzoff & Zbigniew Grabowski
- Introductions (Staff and AC Members)
- Roster Updates
In about 15-20 seconds…
• Share your name and affiliation.
• Share what “flower or flora” symbolizes you
and your work in the deaf-blind community
• From CBSS
What’s happening with us –
updates from CBSS…
• Across the State & District
What’s happening with you –
in your school, community,
county, district, area….
What are the Mini-Grants?
• Field-initiated mini-grant projects
• Two or three grants for up to $500 each
Why do they matter?
• Priority on students with deaf-blindness and/or CVI
• Promote innovative practice that improve child outcomes
When is the next application deadline?
• Fall 2017 (information & forms to be posted on website)
Increasing Communication with
Tactile Symbols and Familiar Objects
Kim Durkan (TVI)
Frederick County Public Schools
Utilizing Today’s Technology
for Better Curriculum Access
Lisa Gastelle (SLP)
MSD – Frederick Campus
Getting in Touch With our World
Through Active Learning and Participation
Jennifer Willis (DHOH / Early Childhood)
MSD – Columbia Campus, Family Education