Donna can just wrap up… Or jeni… whatever seems natural in the moment..
2017 1103 CBSS Advisory Committee Meeting
BEYOND SIGHT AND SOUND
Advisory Committee Meeting
November 3, 2017
I. Welcome / Introductions / Update Roster
II. Sharing Connections – Project, State & Beyond
III. Updating Connections – Policy, Practice & Partnerships
IV. Guest Presentation – Provider: Rene Averitt-Sanzone
V. Guest Presentation – Parent: Tasha Howland
VI. Preparing for a New Grant Cycle – Needs Assessment
Small Group Activity & Large Group Discussion
- Introductions (Staff and AC Members)
In about 15-20 seconds…
• Share your name and affiliation.
• Share what genre/style of MUSIC represents
your work in the deaf-blind community & why
What are the Mini-Grants?
• Field-initiated mini-grant projects
• Total -- $2,000 to award across 2 or 3 grant recipients
• Max of $1,000 can be awarded for any one grant
Why do they matter?
• Priority on students with deaf-blindness and/or CVI
• Promote innovative practice that improve child outcomes
When is the next application deadline?
• SOON WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 15, 2017
(information & forms on website)
How to learn more…
• Visit our website www.CBSS.UMD.edu
Around the state, across the country!
Meetings and Networking
Resources and Websites
Activities and Opportunities
…. And more!
-- Provider --
What’s New at PPMD?
The Executive Director & More…
-- Parent --
Working with the System:
A One-on-One Perspective
Small Group Activity
Large Group Discussion
• GENERAL – Specific Topics, Areas & More
IFHE, interveners, training needs, family support,
condition specific info (CVI, CHARGE…), etc…
• STATION 1 – Technical Assistance
SI, STW, webinars, website, intensive…
• STATION 2 – Policy
Interveners, identification, referrals…
• STATION 3 – Partnerships
Demonstration & collaboration activities…
• STATION 4 – Practice
OHOA, mini-grants, distance technology…
Improve Child Outcomes
Strengths & ”Keepers” – what is working and should continue...
Needs & “Plan-for” – ongoing/new challenges and ideas
Next AC Meeting…
May 18, 2018
See you then…
In the meantime, let’s keep Connected!