IDEAS FOR SCHOOLS
Get your school involved in #GivingTuesday! Here are some tips to learn how students, teachers,
teams and clubs can lead #GivingTuesday initiatives for their schools:
1) Utilize social media in the lead up to and on #GivingTuesday to highlight your cause –
encourage fellow students to take action that day to support something they care about.
2) Appoint #GivingTuesday student ambassadors at the beginning of the semester to help bring
together existing groups to promote #GivingTuesday on campus.
3) Host a volunteer fair on #GivingTuesday for student groups and potential not‐for‐profit
4) Announce a new fundraising initiative.
5) Organize a blood drive, clothing or book drive, or another giving activity on your campus.
6) Engage parents and alumni –secure a matching grant from a proud parent.
7) Engage teachers and start a discussion about philanthropy and volunteerism, and what students
would like to see more of at school relating to giving.
8) Present an award to a student leader on #GivingTuesday.
9) Contact your teachers and lecturers and ask about pro bono projects for students.