It all began with graph theory. One of the most popular examples of the use of graph theory application is the Seven Bridges of Konigsberg. Taking the problem, it can be simplified down to nodes (the islands) and relationships (the bridges). Wiki defn: he study of graphs, which are mathematical structures used to model pairwise relations between objects
Can recommend anything, a product, a service, next best action… Use patterns within the graph to make suggestions/completions based on specific items/item groups bought by others
What is a graph database?
• Graph theory – The Seven Bridges of Königsberg
• What is a property graph database?
• Why graph databases are great
• Where does a graph database dominate? Some examples
Graph Theory – The Seven Bridges of Königsberg
• Property graph databases:
• are based on graph theory
• hold properties for the nodes and relationships
• can scale and grow easily
• Graph databases are a fantastic fit in applications where:
• relationships are important as the data they link
• we want to search for behavioural patterns
• we want to join disparate data sources together