CA NBN Project Structure – 2009-2012
Eight NBN-related topics
Documents Created for NBN Co
Document releases created by the NBN Project working groups:
National Broadband Network B2B Interaction Process Requirements Specification Release 1, December 2010 (.pdf,
National Broadband Network Wholesale Telephony Access Service Release 1, August 2010 (.pdf, 1251 KB)
National Broadband Network End User Premises Handbook Release 2, June 2010 (.pdf, 1150 KB)
National Broadband Network Fibre Ready Distribution Networks Release 1, May 2010 (.pdf, 203 KB)
National Broadband Network FTTP Planning Express Conduit Release 1, May 2010 (.pdf, 249 KB)
National Broadband Network Overview of Technical Standards Release 1, April 2010 (.pdf, 391KB)
National Broadband Network Reference Architecture - High Level Architecture Options for the NBN Release 1, Jan 2010
National Broadband Network Wholesale Service Definition Framework - Ethernet Release 1, Dec 2009 (.pdf, 2318 KB)
Other Communications Alliance documents for the NBN Project:
Communications Alliance study: Overseas Examples of Open Access FTTP Networks October 2009 (.pdf, 864KB)
Discussion Paper 2: Tackling the NBN Questions - Proposed Way Forward for Industry 09 June 2009
Discussion Paper 1: How Can We Develop an Open-Access Wholesale Service Model for the NBN?
14 May 2009: Transition to a National Broadband Network
Current Comms Alliance NBNRelated Operational Projects
• Government Policy request for further work on creation
of standardised RSP/NBN Co interfaces
• Customer Transfer Post-Migration
• Local Number Portability (LNP) in an NBN-based
• Migration of OTT Devices (e.g. personal medical alarms
& security alarms)
• Battery Back-Up
• New Guideline in-premise cabling for the NBN via FTTP
• VoIP QoS Guidance Note
• VDSL2 & Vectoring Code & Standard Revisions
VDSL2 & Vectoring:
• Is vectoring to be a local monopoly?
• If not, what is the operational process to manage
multiple vectoring systems?
• Do we limit technologies that can be deployed from a
node? E.g. ESHDSL
• How to manage infrastructure-based competition e.g.
DSLAMs in MDU basements
• Potential cross-talk interference with existing services
• 25Mbps threshold and open-access requirements
• Free-for-all? Scope for Codes?
• Interim operating arrangements when changing
broadband deployment states
Some Current RSP/Access Seeker
• Potential longer term WBA – standards for complaint resolution
and infrastructure shortfall
• Installation: lead times, reschedule rates and incorrect installs
• Timelines: Lack of certainty re Greenfields installations resulting
in periods on interim wireless solutions
• Rollout Gaps: RFS declared in FSAM where not all addresses
are available. Actions before copper decomm. in first 15
FSAMs – May 2014
• NBN Co ‘Buy Side’ product & pricing issues E.g. $20Mbps CVC
price, potential mobile-related product initiatives.
• Battery Back-Up: Responsibility for ongoing maintenance of
batteries. WBA change notice assumes new arrangement in
place 19 Dec. ACMA to consider options re informed consent.
• Adequately served Greenfields estates services by non-NBN
Co network providers. How many?; How best to manage
multiple provisioning interface arrangements?
• FTTN trial process