The Learning Management System for Successful Customer Training
for Successful Customer
Corporate organizations are taking the help of L&D
to gain and retain customers. The idea of customer
training, while not new, has taken a life of its own
in the past few years. Let’s see why it is important
and how an LMS can help make it a success.
Why is Customer Training Important?
• Reduces customer service interactions
and support costs
• Ensures better customer onboarding
and faster product adoption
• Improves customer retention rates
• Increases chances of up-sales
• Empowers customers with the knowledge
needed to use the product or service
And How does the LMS Facilitate Customer Training?
1. Acts as a Centralized Hub for All Product or
• Instead of Googling how to use a product or service and get loads of unreliable information,
customers can simply access everything they need to know on one platform.
• Instead of reading boring user-manuals, customers can access courses in different formats to
learn about the product or service.
2. Offers Self-paced Learning at Customers’
• As customers would prefer to learn at their own
convenience, you cannot schedule training programs for
them (unlike your employees) at a fixed time or location.
• They need individual learning paths and self-paced
learning that they can access anytime and anywhere.
That’s what the LMS would provide!
3. Facilitates Customer Certification on
• With B2B organizations, especially SaaS companies, customers often need to
be certified on standard operating procedures (SOPs) and other industry
standards before they can use your product or service.
• A 21 CFR Part 11 compliant LMS will come in handy for certification courses.
4. Enables Collaborative Learning with Other Customers
With the LMS in place, customers from different parts of the world can interact with one another
and exchange ideas, tips, and experiences through:
• Discussion forums
• Chat boxes
• Product pages on social media
5. Helps Improve Training thro’ Feedback, Tracking,
• The LMS helps you track customers’ experience,
collect feedback from them.
• You can use these insights to improve your
training and your product or service.